INDIANA: Franklin College

2 hours ago, mmjpa said:

Just got an interview invite for either in-person September 24th or virtual October 6th. 

My predicament is: I really want to do the in-person interview but I have another interview that day for a school that just went on probation. Should I do both interviews and just stick to virtual for Franklin? or should I cancel the school that is on probation and do the in-person. I have about an 8 hour drive. 

As someone with an outside perspective, I would tell you to take advantage of the opportunities given to you. 2 interviews already? Congrats! You won't be at a disadvantage if you attend virtually. Just make sure your computer turns on and it has a working mic then you're set.

Don't turn down a potential school UNLESS you know in your heart you don't actually want to go there. (Who would spend all that money to apply to a school they don't want to attend?? Me. I did. But I knew it was my plan Z so when I got all my other interviews I gladly declined them.) Franklin is a cute little school--not on probation but still a budding program. There's disadvantages to it just like any other program.

I'll end on this note though, only you can decide what each program will offer you in terms of your needs. Whether it be class size, available resources, scholarships, that feeling of home, or whatever. I personally learned the most during interviews so I wouldn't decline just yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HaveHope said:

As someone with an outside perspective, I would tell you to take advantage of the opportunities given to you. 2 interviews already? Congrats! You won't be at a disadvantage if you attend virtually. Just make sure your computer turns on and it has a working mic then you're set.

Don't turn down a potential school UNLESS you know in your heart you don't actually want to go there. (Who would spend all that money to apply to a school they don't want to attend?? Me. I did. But I knew it was my plan Z so when I got all my other interviews I gladly declined them.) Franklin is a cute little school--not on probation but still a budding program. There's disadvantages to it just like any other program.

I'll end on this note though, only you can decide what each program will offer you in terms of your needs. Whether it be class size, available resources, scholarships, that feeling of home, or whatever. I personally learned the most during interviews so I wouldn't decline just yet. 

You're amazing. Thank you for this insight. That is exactly what I was thinking as well! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Lululemon777 said:

What is the interview like?

I got my acceptance too. The interview is very laid back. All the Professors are so nice. We had one group activity and an individual interview with one of the professors and a professor outside the pa program but affiliated with franklin. I know everyone says it but really just be yourself. Good luck to everyone who still has interviews coming up! ☺️

1 hour ago, nicolesnow10 said:

Contemplating submitting to this school since I have money to pay for a few additional apps, does anyone think this is too close to the deadline or should I risk it?

I applied just a few weeks ago and got an interview invite today for October. Rolling admissions means your chances are less and less as time goes on - but they are still interviewing!

12 hours ago, nicolesnow10 said:

Contemplating submitting to this school since I have money to pay for a few additional apps, does anyone think this is too close to the deadline or should I risk it?

Newly accepted here! They said after each interview session they will be offering seats. However, they said their last interview session often have been people interviewing for seats on the waitlist. It's important to note as well, that they said about half of their class has come from applicants pulled off the waiting list. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @jmarsman01 for sharing your experience!

I will also be attending the in-person interview on 9/24 and that helps calm my nerves a bit knowing it will be laid back. That being said, if anyone would like to start a group chat for the Septemeber in-person interview let me know! I am a California applicant flying in a couple days early so I would love to meet up and chat with potential classmates about Pre-PA experiences and get to know everyone prior our the interview🙂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...