PANRE Pilot

Same here, will be doing it.  I'm curious if anyone has any insight on the quarterly questions.  Will they be like the practice questions?  I did read they are timed, which is kinda weird.  Isn't the point of this to learn?  How can you time questions that you have not and can not study for?  It's like playing a game of jeopardy or something now.  Stuipid.

I signed up for the Pilot.

It will be my 5th time taking the Board exam.  Passed it EVERY time- on the first try- like you did.

But c'mon.  This is BS!  Practicing PA the whole time, Always exceed CME requirements, etc.

And I've got to take this thing AGAIN!  After 2 times (was 6 years, now 10?), If I'm current on everything- which I am- I shouldn't have to take this anymore.  The np's don't!

AND- they're still going to GRADE IT?  I thought a pilot was to see how it turned out, not to make you spend the SAME money, and have the possibility of failing it based on their arbitrary standard?  (Again- I'm not bitter- in 4 consecutive board exams- I never failed the first attempt)

That woman came on that short video and stated things like, oh, you don't have to study, you don't have to prepare, you don't have to schedule any exams, etc.- so I signed up for it.

IF YOU'RE CURRENT ON EVERYTHING, YOU SHOUILD ONLY HAVE TO PASS 1 EXAM, 2 AT THE MOST!  ( Again- I have never failed my first attempt any time I've taken boards- it's not about that.)

FOLLOW THE MONEY, RIGHT NCCPA?  Each 6 (now 10) years, pony up that exorbitant exam money, in addition to the money for your 'C' every 2 years. 

Although I 'ponied up' for the 'Pilot' exam- well actually my employer paid it this time,

I'm not a happy camper for the reasons I've mentioned above.

Things don't HAVE to be a certain way!

Rant over

It is an evolving process. The last time I read anything...yes it will be graded but they still hadn't decided what passing and failing would be.
Put your money down and spin that wheel!

They won’t even tell you what passing on the PANCE is. Sure they’ll say 362, but what is that in real terms? 75%? 60%?

6 hours ago, UGoLong said:

I declined and took the PANRE in January. The way I looked at it, the pilot was like wading slowly into cold water. I'd rather jump in and get it over with. No more Arctic swimming for 10 years!

I agree. I rather just take it once and get it over with.

Archived