Virginia: EVMS CASPA Cycle for Class of 2021

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the community on this forum is a small fraction of us hopefuls’ applying this cycle but I feel the first wave had a lot more people commenting about their interviews during the first wave earlier this week. Has anyone reached out to the admissions department asking if all (or most) the spots were filled during the first wave ? Which would be unusual considering the past cycles but still I’m curious. I’m tempted to email them on Monday but at the same time I don’t want to be a bother during what I know is a busy time of year for them. This program is at the top of my list so I’m getting a bit nervous. I’m trying not to expect anything, a interview let alone a acceptance is kinda far fetched considering this is my first time applying and EVMS is the only one I applied to before the cycle ended in March. Still I’m sitting at the edge of my seat, clenching it tightly in hopes I get lucky and all my dreams actually come true . 

I know the community on this forum is a small fraction of us hopefuls’ applying this cycle but I feel the first wave had a lot more people commenting about their interviews during the first wave earlier this week. Has anyone reached out to the admissions department asking if all (or most) the spots were filled during the first wave ? Which would be unusual considering the past cycles but still I’m curious. I’m tempted to email them on Monday but at the same time I don’t want to be a bother during what I know is a busy time of year for them. This program is at the top of my list so I’m getting a bit nervous. I’m trying not to expect anything, a interview let alone a acceptance is kinda far fetched considering this is my first time applying and EVMS is the only one I applied to before the cycle ended in March. Still I’m sitting at the edge of my seat, clenching it tightly in hopes I get lucky and all my dreams actually come true . 

I would imagine there are still spots to be filled just because of the timing of their application cycle. It might just be easier to call on Monday and find out. I’m sure that even though two waves of invites were sent out maybe people have already committed to other programs or already started a program. I’m hopeful to still get an interview but right now I think no news is still good news. Fingers crossed for us still waiting [emoji173]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, JoshPAS said:

I signed up for Friday 07/13 morning session! So excited! Congrats everyone, and to those still waiting, do not lose hope! 

You should meet up with “anteater” and I the night before. It’s helpful to see familiar faces when you arrive to the interview!

14 hours ago, PA17applicant said:

Would anyone who received an interview today mind sharing stats?

Sure! I was offered an interview on Monday if that's relevant, IDK. 

Qualifying (last 40) cGPA: 4.00     (CASPA cGPA is 3.59 thanks to a handful of Cs 20 years ago)

Prerequisite GPA: 4.00 

PCE: 10,000+ hours as a dental hygienist 

Volunteer/Community: ~63 hours, some from over ten years ago 

LORs: 1) MD mentor, 2) DDS supervisor at a dental office, 3) College chemistry instructor 

Shadowing: Only 4 hours at the time of applying 

LMK if you have questions. 

2 minutes ago, DarcyJ said:

Sure! I was offered an interview on Monday if that's relevant, IDK. 

Qualifying (last 40) cGPA: 4.00     (CASPA cGPA is 3.59 thanks to a handful of Cs 20 years ago)

Prerequisite GPA: 4.00 

PCE: 10,000+ hours as a dental hygienist 

Volunteer/Community: ~63 hours, some from over ten years ago 

LORs: 1) MD mentor, 2) DDS supervisor at a dental office, 3) College chemistry instructor 

LMK if you have questions. 

Oh wow those are great stats! Congrats! And to everyone else as well!

On 6/7/2018 at 8:39 PM, SamanthaKobe said:

Congrats! Ok sounds good, I’ll message you and Katie so we can work something out!

-Sam

I’m also interviewing on the 14th, I think it’d be great to get dinner the night befoe. Can you add me to the group please? Thank you ?

7 hours ago, HopefulPA329 said:

When you reapplied, did you have to write a new essay?

Well you don’t have to but it’s highly recommended because you should be learning and growing if this is your passion. Between applications I matured and gained more experiences that really strengthened my understanding of medicine and desire to become a PA. I was excited to write a new PS! As a reapplicat your new PS should naturally  be better than before! I know writing a PS is super tough (it took me many months of edits) but it really makes you reflect on your journey so far as well as your future, which is very motivating. Good luck! 

Archived