Virginia: EVMS CASPA Cycle for Class of 2021

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thought I’d post my stats so future classes can see what people had. I landed an interview but who knows about an acceptance! Interviews weren’t horrible but it wasn’t easy either. 

Undergrad: Bachelors of Health Science 3.76 (cGPA per caspa is actually 3.58, thought it was 3.6!) 

Replacment GPA: 3.75

Prerequisite GPA: 4.0

PCE: 8000 as a physical therapist assistant 

Volunteer: ~200 (with school and teaching experience)

On 7/13/2018 at 11:10 AM, whewitt25 said:

We definitely will be evaluated from the moment we walk in to when we leave. For example, during our breaks between individual interviews, (I heard) we will be hanging out with current students, who will give their thoughts/opinions on us after the fact! 

As a current student, this last part is not true. We do not report back to the faculty about how we feel about the candidates. We do not have a say in whether you get in or not. ?  Also, whether or not you go to the social events has nothing to do with your acceptance either.

Glad to see a bunch of you at the interviews this weekend. Good luck to all!

8 hours ago, hot_wax_ said:

As a current student, this last part is not true. We do not report back to the faculty about how we feel about the candidates. We do not have a say in whether you get in or not. ?  Also, whether or not you go to the social events has nothing to do with your acceptance either.

Glad to see a bunch of you at the interviews this weekend. Good luck to all!

Thanks so much for updating that!! I spoke to an Alum who told me this, so it's nice to hear they changed that!! 

15 hours ago, pk325 said:

Now that interviews are completely over, we are back in the waiting game! 

How do you guys think your interviews went?

I think my interviews went pretty well. I know I had a great time and loved being on campus.

But, I did wake up the next morning instantly thinking about two questions I totally could have answered better. ?‍♀️ LOL Tell me thats completely normal, please. 

8 minutes ago, DarcyJ said:

I think my interviews went pretty well. I know I had a great time and loved being on campus.

But, I did wake up the next morning instantly thinking about two questions I totally could have answered better. ?‍♀️ LOL Tell me thats totally normal, please. 

Definitely normal! Felt as though my first interview could have gone a lot better but the other two, in my opinion went great. Will have to see how the admissions committee felt about it though, I guess lol

@pk325   I overall felt my interview went well. However, like @DarcyJ I too felt that I could do somethings different. But then again, there is no perfect response. I think the group interview was a bit challenging just the fact of interacting with so many candidates at the same time and finding the right balance to some of the tougher questions. I did enjoy my interview a bit too much ? 

On 7/18/2018 at 8:01 AM, pk325 said:

Now that interviews are completely over, we are back in the waiting game! 

How do you guys think your interviews went?

Not that well, especially after seeing how poised and accomplished everyone in my group interview was. Definitely flubbed a few answers pretty badly, but I’m hoping they looked past my nervousness and saw how excited I am at the prospect of attending EVMS (far and away my #1 choice program) and my passion for working with patients. I won’t be surprised at all if I’m not accepted, but am still hoping for the best.

1 minute ago, barnacle said:

Not that well, especially after seeing how poised and accomplished everyone in my group interview was. Definitely flubbed a few answers pretty badly, but I’m hoping they looked past my nervousness and saw how excited I am at the prospect of attending EVMS (far and away my #1 choice program) and my passion for working with patients. I won’t be surprised at all if I’m not accepted, but am still hoping for the best.

I wish you all the best and I hope they will see what a good fit you are for the program and the profession!

15 minutes ago, pk325 said:

I wish you all the best and I hope they will see what a good fit you are for the program and the profession!

Thank you for the kind words, hoping the same for you too! The current students were saying we might hear something as early as tomorrow ?

Congrats on those getting an acceptance today! I am your social media chair from class of 2020 and i have already made a Class of 2021 page. It is called "MPA Class of 2021, Norfolk". I have attached the link below. Get to know each other and the Class of 2020 is already part of the page for any questions or concerns to help everyone out! Yay! Let me know if this link works.. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1834636979929590/

6 minutes ago, lotje said:

Congrats on those getting an acceptance today! I am your social media chair from class of 2020 and i have already made a Class of 2021 page. It is called "MPA Class of 2021, Norfolk". I have attached the link below. Get to know each other and the Class of 2020 is already part of the page for any questions or concerns to help everyone out! Yay! Let me know if this link works.. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1834636979929590/

It isn't working for me. Do we need to be invited in order to see it/join? I know secret groups are that way, but didn't think closed groups were. 

Archived