TENNESSEE: University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) 2017-2018 Cycle

If we don't hear anything by tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to call and ask what is going on. They told us 48 hours after the week of the 16th.... it's a week and half past that with no further updates. I'm over this perpetual limbo in a major way.....it's making me stress eat all the kit-kats I bought for the trick-or-treaters and check my phone every 2.5 nanoseconds.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 123PA123 said:

If we don't hear anything by tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to call and ask what is going on. They told us 48 hours after the week of the 16th.... it's a week and half past that with no further updates. I'm over this perpetual limbo in a major way.....it's making me stress eat all the kit-kats I bought for the trick-or-treaters and check my phone every 2.5 nanoseconds.  

I wish I could tell you guys something but alas...I know nothing other than they were at a conference and all out of the office last week. They have to all meet as a group to decide so I believe the faculty is all back today and the rest of the week. Calling tomorrow would definitely not be something that would be frowned upon. The main number goes to a receptionist who may not actually know the answer so I’d suggest asking for someone specific like PJ or Maday if she’ll allow you to talk to them. Fingers crossed guys! I was the last group to find out so I feel your pain! My crop didn’t get calls either, we all got emails which was even more nerve wracking!!

1 hour ago, Tanders87 said:

I wish I could tell you guys something but alas...I know nothing other than they were at a conference and all out of the office last week. They have to all meet as a group to decide so I believe the faculty is all back today and the rest of the week. Calling tomorrow would definitely not be something that would be frowned upon. The main number goes to a receptionist who may not actually know the answer so I’d suggest asking for someone specific like PJ or Maday if she’ll allow you to talk to them. Fingers crossed guys! I was the last group to find out so I feel your pain! My crop didn’t get calls either, we all got emails which was even more nerve wracking!!

Thanks Taylor! 

And go go for it 123pa123, I feel the same way and I think my heart stops for a minute every time I refresh my email .

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tanders87 said:

Thank you @Tanders87. I appreciate your insight. If you can find out any other information, I'd be forever in your debt. I'll let y'all know if I find out anything when I call tmw 

Just FYI to everyone, I called Barbra today, just now. She seemed pretty upset to be the one to have to tell me that I was not offered a seat and said that all decisions have been made and she was very sorry that she had to be the bearer of bad news. She also said that she was going to talk with PJ to make sure he sent out the emails he was suppose to to our final Group on Friday of last week when he told her he was goi g to.. idk if that means that all of us waiting to hear have not been accepted but it sounded like it. Sorry I am pretty mad and sad at the same time and hope that you guys all get a different answer than what mine was. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bmr14 said:

Yeah I got one about 5 minutes after the I called but the fact that I had to call to get the email and to find out 2 months after my interview is not very cool??‍♂️

I'm so sorry guys :( I wish I could say that I could make them be more efficient in the way they contacted you all but alas...they give me no say. Good luck with all of your other schools and you will end up where you're meant to be!!!

Short little plug (I promise my former tutor i'll do this anytime I talk to future students)...

Once you start PA school (or even now!) this podcast is SO helpful. My tutor is currently a 1st year ER resident at Wake Forrest and is a freakishly smart alien who continues to tutor people via his podcast. It costs basically nothing per month and you get PDF study guides for each podcast and covers all of the high-yield topics you'll see in classes and on board exams. Check it out and spread the word!  There is a short video on the overview page that is him explaining everything https://www.patreon.com/bombsofknowledge

Best of luck to you all!!

• Upvote 2

So, someone earlier said all decisions have been made but the Facebook group still only has 20 members and I haven't seen many new acceptance posts. Are all 30 spots filled and accepted as of now or Does that mean they are pulling the remaining spots from the waitlist?  I was waitlisted for the program and just holding my breath for some miracle. 

Thanks to everyone that posts when they hear news - it is really helpful to know what's going on or at least not feel so alone in all of this. 

So, someone earlier said all decisions have been made but the Facebook group still only has 20 members and I haven't seen many new acceptance posts. Are all 30 spots filled and accepted as of now or Does that mean they are pulling the remaining spots from the waitlist?  I was waitlisted for the program and just holding my breath for some miracle. 

Thanks to everyone that posts when they hear news - it is really helpful to know what's going on or at least not feel so alone in all of this. 

The Facebook group isn't official so I don't think you can count on that number as a reliable count unfortunately. Most of the people on that page either found out about it from this forum or because they had some other connection to someone else in the group. They haven't mentioned it in any official correspondence with the school. That's not to say that all 30 spots are definitely filled or anything, just that we don't know how many people have accepted spots and don't know about the FB group or haven't joined it for some other reason.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Guest polishedpas
7 hours ago, stjorden said:

The Facebook group isn't official so I don't think you can count on that number as a reliable count unfortunately. Most of the people on that page either found out about it from this forum or because they had some other connection to someone else in the group. They haven't mentioned it in any official correspondence with the school. That's not to say that all 30 spots are definitely filled or anything, just that we don't know how many people have accepted spots and don't know about the FB group or haven't joined it for some other reason.

8 hours ago, LauraFromtejas86 said:

7 hours ago, stjorden said:

Some schools mention a Facebook group during the acceptance phone call so that people can start finding roommates, etc. But I really don't think only 20 have accepted and the remaining are gonna be from the waitlist. Has everyone heard back already?