• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Maddi said:

Did y’all get an email saying that they would reach out on August 28th and let you know if you got an interview? 

I didn't get that email, I got the email about the early interviews, but I've heard someone that applied last week got an email saying they would let you know by Aug 28. When did you submit?

2 hours ago, MsGirl2000 said:

Anybody worried about interviewing so late with a Jan. start program? Just worried about finding housing in time. I've never lived away from home except in a college dorm which was pre-paid and move in ready so maybe I'm overreacting. 

Hey I am actually a local here and could try and help if you get accepted!

8 hours ago, MsGirl2000 said:

Anybody worried about interviewing so late with a Jan. start program? Just worried about finding housing in time. I've never lived away from home except in a college dorm which was pre-paid and move in ready so maybe I'm overreacting. 

The PA I shadowed went to CBU in Memphis and got accepted two weeks before he started the program for a Jan. date. I definitely think it's possible to find housing during Sept-Dec! If it makes you feel any better, I did my undergrad in Memphis and my roommates and I had to find housing in 4 days!!

8 hours ago, Maddi said:

I haven’t even gotten those emails. The only thing I have gotten is an interview invite and a follow up email stating that they couldn’t give me my first choice interview date

I'm from out of state so I have to book a flight and hotel, so don't stress, I think they gave preference to people who were not close so plans could be made! 

10 hours ago, crazyalpacagirl said:

Does anyone know what the format of the interview will be and what to expect from the program for interviews? In terms of communication, I only got an email about what my interview date will be and another email about submitting my lunch order.

Without giving too much away, when I interviewed, it was basically a number of faculty members and you were given two. They ranged from professors, to various administrative people, to the various chairs of "this" and directors of "that".. all were affiliated with the program in some way or another. For both, you were taken to a room by yourself with the interviewer, given a 20-30 minute slot to talk to them and answer a question or two. Then, you would rotate to your other interviewer and do the same. I'm assuming they graded based off some rubric or something.

It was really informal and the time flew by honestly. They were easy to talk to. I felt super comfortable. Aside from the actual interview, we were shown a PowerPoint about the program, given a tour of the campus and main areas where we would be learning if accepted, allowed to ask questions and interacted with some current students. All-in-all, about a 4-5 hour day.

It was already in my top 3 choices, but I really fell in love with the program after that. It was super low pressure and it felt like everyone really got along. Wasn't uptight like some other programs I've toured/interviewed at. To add, I can't speak for everyone who interviewed because I wasn't present, but none of my questions were off the wall "What type of bird are you?" questions. They were standard questions and turned into a conversation after answering. 

Hoping I get in, cause I'll be attending for sure if I do. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MsGirl2000 said:

Without giving too much away, when I interviewed, it was basically a number of faculty members and you were given two. They ranged from professors, to various administrative people, to the various chairs of "this" and directors of "that".. all were affiliated with the program in some way or another. For both, you were taken to a room by yourself with the interviewer, given a 20-30 minute slot to talk to them and answer a question or two. Then, you would rotate to your other interviewer and do the same. I'm assuming they graded based off some rubric or something.

It was really informal and the time flew by honestly. They were easy to talk to. I felt super comfortable. Aside from the actual interview, we were shown a PowerPoint about the program, given a tour of the campus and main areas where we would be learning if accepted, allowed to ask questions and interacted with some current students. All-in-all, about a 4-5 hour day.

It was already in my top 3 choices, but I really fell in love with the program after that. It was super low pressure and it felt like everyone really got along. Wasn't uptight like some other programs I've toured/interviewed at. To add, I can't speak for everyone who interviewed because I wasn't present, but none of my questions were off the wall "What type of bird are you?" questions. They were standard questions and turned into a conversation after answering. 

Hoping I get in, cause I'll be attending for sure if I do. 

Thank you so much for responding! Good luck!