TENNESSEE: University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) 2017-2018 Cycle

1 hour ago, CarolineJ said:

Did anybody else interview on July 21st? I keep checking my email for a decision! I know they said that the ad com was meeting in early August to discuss...

I interviewed that day as well. I think I recall PJ saying that they discuss the admission decisions at the end of month and we should know whether we are accepted or not by the middle of next week. 

• Upvote 1

Guest polishedpas
9 hours ago, CarolineJ said:

I stayed at the Marriott SpringHill Suites and loved it. The bed was super comfy and it had a complimentary breakfast downstairs as well as free coffee throughout the day! 

Oh nice! I booked at the Crowne Plaza downtown! I got a good deal and it said it was only 1.4 miles from the school. Was your Marriott downtown as well?

Guest polishedpas
8 hours ago, MudIslander said:

Where in FL are you coming from??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miami! Are you from here too? Did you already hear back a decision?

2 minutes ago, Ccd8cw said:

I also interviewed on the 7/21. I remember PJ saying that he might be out of town so It could take about 2 weeks to hear back, so I am guessing we will know sometime early next week. Does anyone know whether or not we will receive a call or an email?

I received a call and then an email later that day. I believe if you are waitlisted or rejected they just send an email

3 hours ago, Ccd8cw said:

I also interviewed on the 7/21. I remember PJ saying that he might be out of town so It could take about 2 weeks to hear back, so I am guessing we will know sometime early next week. Does anyone know whether or not we will receive a call or an email?

I remember PJ said he was going on vacation in late July when the ad comm would typically meet, so they were moving the meeting to early August. Hopefully we hear something soon! 

13 hours ago, ksiev077 said:

Got an interview invite as well! Will be interviewing on Sept 8. Anyone interested in sharing a hotel room Thursday night (the 7th)? 

Good luck! My aunt lives in Memphis so I am staying with her but good luck finding someone to split. Maybe try Groupon too. Usually there is a really cool hotel called the magnolia that had a really cool rooftop patio and good food for a discount through Groupon. I go there all the time! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bmr14 said:

Good luck! My aunt lives in Memphis so I am staying with her but good luck finding someone to split. Maybe try Groupon too. Usually there is a really cool hotel called the magnolia that had a really cool rooftop patio and good food for a discount through Groupon. I go there all the time! 

I found an airbnb pretty reasonably priced! And my interview got moved to the 22nd anyway. Good luck to you though! Thank for the insight :)

On 8/1/2017 at 11:11 AM, bmr14 said:

I recieved an invite to interview!! Yippee. I chose August 18th. I am from arkansas but will have to fly in from Albuquerque. 

So can I get a PM from some of you already accepted interviewees on some tips or somethings that helped you prepare for the interview? 

Thank in advance and congratulations to everyone so far. 

I'm interviewing on the 18th too! Good luck to you and excited to meet (: 

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:35 PM, CarolineJ said:

I remember PJ said he was going on vacation in late July when the ad comm would typically meet, so they were moving the meeting to early August. Hopefully we hear something soon! 

did u guys receive the email saying the 07/21 group would know by the end of next week?