stc2015

UTSW 2017-2018 Application Cycle/Interview Dates

Just got my interview invite this morning for Sep 16th! Congrats to everyone else, I look forward to meeting you and good luck to everyone!

2 hours ago, nwalk44 said:

Just got my interview invite this morning for Sep 16th! Congrats to everyone else, I look forward to meeting you and good luck to everyone!

Congratulations! Can I ask you what your timeline was? Thanks in advance!

30 minutes ago, mohsderm2016 said:

Congratulations! Can I ask you what your timeline was? Thanks in advance!

CASPA submitted on 6/15, "Thank you for applying" email on 6/22, login credentials 6/27, interview invite 8/21. It's been a looong wait and this is the first program I have heard back from. I applied to 5 schools total, all in Texas. Hope that helps!

• Upvote 1

I got my interview invite for Sept. 16th this morning as well! I am super excited. I am a bit of a predicament though... I already had one scheduled that day for UNT. I like both schools, but I like UTSW more and would chose that one. Any suggestions? Should I try to reschedule UNT or do my top school (UTSW) at a later date?

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure how accommodating schools are about rescheduling, seems like it has its risk. That said if I was going to ask a school for a different date it wouldn't be my top choice.

• Upvote 1

@babyPA I would keep the interview for UTSW if that is the school that you would prefer to go to and see if the other school would accommodate changing the date of the interview. Good luck and what a huge accomplishment!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, babyPA said:

I got my interview invite for Sept. 16th this morning as well! I am super excited. I am a bit of a predicament though... I already had one scheduled that day for UNT. I like both schools, but I like UTSW more and would chose that one. Any suggestions? Should I try to reschedule UNT or do my top school (UTSW) at a later date?

I suggest SW.... their presentation last week was professional but not stuffy.  They program stars are a mix of older professionals who help with research expertise and scholarly endeavors and younger - like in their 30s - professionals who are still working at the hospitals, along with surgeons who give lectures between surgeries - no, really.

UNT is an Osteopath medical center and many people look down on this practice as sort of folksy nonsense.  Just my thoughts.  Personally I will attend any school that accepts me, but given your choice I would go with SW

• Upvote 1

I received my invite just now for the Sept.16 interview!! I didn't receive a invite last year, but GOD is working it out yall!! Best wishes to those still waiting!!!! (submitted CASPA 6/8, 'thank you' 6/15, log in 6/20) 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Chapper said:

Have you guys received any sort of confirmation e-mail after sending in the form to RSVP for the interview?

I haven't. I'm not sure if she will respond. Just guessing they received it. See ya Sept. 15/16!

Yea you won't get a response, should get a reminder week of (because obviously we were going to forget) but that's it.

17 hours ago, Briezzy said:

I haven't. I'm not sure if she will respond. Just guessing they received it. See ya Sept. 15/16!

Mine was rescheduled to Oct 6/7.. But good luck to you!!!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Tiquwa said:

Yea you won't get a response, should get a reminder week of (because obviously we were going to forget) but that's it.

Hahha ikr!! Literally can't wait 'til that weekend!

• Upvote 2

Really really enjoyable experience. Don't stress it at all. Was great meeting whoever I met from here! Done with this thread until I hear something.

• Upvote 1

^I second this. I absolutely loved EVERYTHING about this interview and MMI format. Everyone was right: you literally can't practice for this. As cliche as it sounds, BE YOURSELF. Seriously.

• Upvote 1

Hey guys,

For those who went to the Interview on Aug. 26th and hear something back I would appreciate it if you let the rest of us know. I will update as well if I hear something. 

Thanks.

• Upvote 1