UTSW 2017-2018 Application Cycle/Interview Dates

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got an interview invite for 8/25 this morning! I'm out of state so it seems like it'll be a bit tough to get accepted but I'm excited regardless! Good luck to everyone else, hope you all hear back soon :) 
Congratulations! May I ask, when did you finalize your app with them?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Tiquwa said:

Hey y'all. Been lurking for two years, decided to make an account to answer the questions above because I know I would want to know. Received an interview invite for the 25th-26th this morning!

When did you submit caspa?? Congrats!

10 hours ago, scarr2015 said:

Those who got interview invites, what were your stats like? GPA, HCE, volunteer, etc...

cGPA: 3.97

sGPA: 3.94

HCE: 2,000+ hours as a medical scribe in the ED and in an outpatient orthopedic clinic

Volunteer: 450+ hours clinical, 50 hours non-clinical 

8 hours ago, ScubaBubble said:

Does anyone know if aside from MMI questions, the committee also asks traditional questions? (Why do you what to be a PA, tell me about yourself, etc?) or does the interview only consist of MMI questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From talking to previous students, I have heard it is just MMI.

Hi all.  I went to the last info session for the Summer this week.  I know now that I will not be selected by any school this year, due to paperwork, but I can say, this was the most professional presentation of them all.  I learned a lot and actually only want to go to this school , when I start this process again next year..  They were extremely helpful during and after the session.

I learned a great deal, but here's the deal for those of you go to the interview... DON'T PREPARE.  They can see right through whatever you are reading, paying for etc. They just want to meet you and find out who you are as a person.  They said straight out that those who triy to prepare for the MMI - ALL do worse than those who do not.

Good luck to all of you.

Archived