UTSW 2017-2018 Application Cycle/Interview Dates

1 hour ago, hcruz496 said:

Nothing yet. I was under the impression all acceptances, even from prior interviews would be decided yesterday or today and we’d get a call

yeah I was under the same impression.... I interviewed in September and haven't heard anything. I called the other day and she basically said all decisions would go out this week! 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, emilyyx said:

^^^ yes .. but still trying to remain optimistic. If you interviewed August and weren’t in the immediate call group, let us know please! I’m afraid they forgot about us at this point lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't interview August but I interviewed September. Didn't hear until October. 

Likely they've probably gotten back to everyone accepted and will at least by Friday.  HOWEVER there's still hope y'all.   I interviewed last year and got waitlisted but my friend who got  waitlisted did actually get in so there's still hope.  I know the wait is terrible but don't give up yet! Last year I think they took about 5/6 people off the waitlist.

Try and  remember even getting waitlisted is an honor!    Definitely was hard for me last year to remember that. They will get back to y'all in probably a week or two with waitlist and rejection  emails .

Hope this helps some of you because I  remember wanting to know the timelines too.

18 minutes ago, LDlonghorn91 said:

You all are not alone. I interviewed 11-3 and 11-4. 

I did not hear back yesterday 11-7 as well. Keep y'alls heads up!

I hope we hear back very soon!!! I’ve been checking my phone every 5 minutes since yesterday! The nerves are killing me :(

55 minutes ago, LDlonghorn91 said:

"Likely they've probably gotten back to everyone accepted and will at least by Friday."

You mean by friday at the latest for acceptance calls? 

Honestly they've probably gotten back to everyone already from my understanding of the process but it could have changed! Typically they review all applications Tuesday after interviews. They get back to people Wednesday or Tuesday night, but it could have changed! Best of luck! Don't lose hope! Nothing wrong with reapplying, most people have to. Unfortunately PA school is so competitive! Class sizes are small.

3 hours ago, tx329 said:

Honestly they've probably gotten back to everyone already from my understanding of the process but it could have changed! Typically they review all applications Tuesday after interviews. They get back to people Wednesday or Tuesday night, but it could have changed! Best of luck! Don't lose hope! Nothing wrong with reapplying, most people have to. Unfortunately PA school is so competitive! Class sizes are small.

I feel like if they had accepted 40 people since yesterday/today, there would’ve been more than just one person who posted saying they got an acceptance call 

Guest hcruz496
13 minutes ago, longhornPA17 said:

I feel like if they had accepted 40 people since yesterday/today, there would’ve been more than just one person who posted saying they got an acceptance call 

Yep ??

52 minutes ago, longhornPA17 said:

Yeah could be true! I have absolutely no idea exactly how the process works. It's just my guess based on my experience last year and stalking previous boards last year. I definitely stalked these boards like crazy to try and figure out timelines, oops!! But by no means am I saying anything definite and this is how it is, just trying to give y'all an idea as I would like to know too in the situation, and I wanna prevent y'all from looking back too much! Not trying to bring y'all down at all! There's always hope and in waitlists as well!

Keep in mind they could also accept more than 5 people after interview sessions and a lot of people actually don't post here/have never heard of the forums.

Guest hcruz496
4 minutes ago, wxwin93 said:

Same here. They spammed me 8 rejections as well. Congrats to those that have gotten in and good luck to everyone else!

As if one didn’t hurt enough...

I also received a nice rejection email! But I am grateful I had the opportunity to interview at my dream school. UTSW will always have my heart, and I am thankful that I will be still attending school elsewhere! For those of you still waiting to hear back, best wishes! To those that are waitlisted, never quit, come back swinging 2x as hard for next cycle!  Congrats to everyone accepted! I know God has amazing things in store for all of us, just "wait" and see!!

I received my waitlist email this morning!! However, I will be denying my spot because I am attending another program! I am super thankful to have even gotten the chance to interview and have a spot on the waitlist as I am an out of state student. I hope this opens up the opportunity for someone amazing on the waitlist and to get into such an amazing program! Best of luck everyone :) 

Archived