AT Still 2017-2018 Applicants

11 minutes ago, hgill said:

I just called admissions to check on my status and they said I am still under review. I submitted my secondary and was marked complete June 13. I guess no news is better than bad news? 

That's what I'm telling myself! I was marked complete on June 6th! At this point no news is good news (but the waiting is agonizing)! 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys! I got an interview invitation about a week after I submitted my supplemental, I am interviewing August 9th! I am a second time applicant through this cycle but not to this program. I was wait-listed at 2 other programs last cycle and interviewed at 3/8 that I applied to. I just graduated with my Bachelor's in May 2017 and look forward to this PA cycle. Anyone know what the interview process is like/if they throw you off with any weird questions?

Happy to share my credentials too. 

That's what I'm telling myself! I was marked complete on June 6th! At this point no news is good news (but the waiting is agonizing)! 

Ugh I'm in the same spot. I don't think this program will offer my an interview this second time around for me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh I'm in the same spot. I don't think this program will offer my an interview this second time around for me..

@jmtam This is a professional program. No one likes someone who complains all the time. Becoming a PA you will deal with patients and no one would want to deal with someone who complains about not getting everything they want in life. You didn't get a rejection so stop whining about it. Everyone here is going through or has went through what you are going through.

[mention=134415]jmtam[/mention] This is a professional program. No one likes someone who complains all the time. Becoming a PA you will deal with patients and no one would want to deal with someone who complains about not getting everything they want in life. You didn't get a rejection so stop whining about it. Everyone here is going through or has went through what you are going through.

Thank you for you feedback. I'll keep that response in my mind for my future posts. This is a community where we can lift each other up during a tedious and nerve wrecking processes. We are allowed to be emotional because we all have put our blood, sweat, and tears into this. We've ALL put aside our personal lives to come to this point. We all knew what we were doing when we decided to go into this profession, that goes for me too.

Regarding the way you weren't too happy with my response, or that I am constantly complaining: We are allowed to feel and go through the ups and downs. That is why we have this forum to reach out to each other. I'm not sorry for my response is because I want other students to feel comfortable talking to each other, rather than tearing each other down. We're not asking for a pity party, we're asking for support. We're all feeling somewhat the same way. I'm sure other second, and even third, time applicants are feeling this way too. I just said it out loud. We are humans. We can let it out, its healthy.

Aside from that, I do wish everyone the best of luck this cycle! Congrats to those who were already invited to an interview! I'm super excited for you!

Best wishes! More importantly: DON'T GIVE UP :)

Yes, we are all here to support each other in this time! I think we all feel very vulnerable as we don't know what is going to happen.

Positive thoughts, everyone!! And it's okay to express how you are feeling, :) that's what this forum is here for.

Hey guys! I got an interview invitation about a week after I submitted my supplemental, I am interviewing August 9th! I am a second time applicant through this cycle but not to this program. I was wait-listed at 2 other programs last cycle and interviewed at 3/8 that I applied to. I just graduated with my Bachelor's in May 2017 and look forward to this PA cycle. Anyone know what the interview process is like/if they throw you off with any weird questions?
Happy to share my credentials too. 

Please do! Congrats on graduation! Where did you go for undergrad?

Thank you! I went to the University of Oklahoma for my Undergrad, Class of 2017.

GPA: 3.9 Science: 3.78 BCP: 3.89 Last 60: 4.0

GRE:300

Patient Care: 2,000 hours of hands on as a Medical Assistant at Family Practice clinic and Nurse's Tech at OU Children's Hospital

Teaching Experiences: Cadaver Dissection Lab Anatomy TA (Teaching Assistant) and Human Physiology Lecture TA, also worked as a PLA (Peer Learning Assistant) for the Student Learning Center-Subject Human Physiology.

Leadership: Vice Chair for Relay for Life, Undergraduate Representative for Department of HES for Student Advisory Committee, and apart of several executive committees

4 LORs: 2 PAs, Human Physiology Professor, and Relay for Life Supervisor

Volunteer: Crossings Community Free Clinic Clinical Assistant and Scribe, Stephenson Cancer Center, and another handful of activities

Anyone else interviewing August 9th?

On 8/3/2017 at 2:09 AM, PAstriker said:

Thank you! I went to the University of Oklahoma for my Undergrad, Class of 2017.

GPA: 3.9 Science: 3.78 BCP: 3.89 Last 60: 4.0

GRE:300

Patient Care: 2,000 hours of hands on as a Medical Assistant at Family Practice clinic and Nurse's Tech at OU Children's Hospital

Teaching Experiences: Cadaver Dissection Lab Anatomy TA (Teaching Assistant) and Human Physiology Lecture TA, also worked as a PLA (Peer Learning Assistant) for the Student Learning Center-Subject Human Physiology.

Leadership: Vice Chair for Relay for Life, Undergraduate Representative for Department of HES for Student Advisory Committee, and apart of several executive committees

4 LORs: 2 PAs, Human Physiology Professor, and Relay for Life Supervisor

Volunteer: Crossings Community Free Clinic Clinical Assistant and Scribe, Stephenson Cancer Center, and another handful of activities

Anyone else interviewing August 9th?

I am interviewing on the 9th. I'm a second time applicant as well. I did not submit my application early enough in the previous cycle to receive an interview invite, but I submitted much earlier this time around. 

Hey guys,

There are many current ATSU students on this forum. You will see us post periodically and can ask us questions that I'm sure we would be happy to answer or maybe redirect you to find an answer.

Feel free to DM me and remember, it's only August! Stay positive and don't freak out :) Just like TifJanPA, I applied late... last minute, actually, and made it through. Good luck to you all!

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice: I'm flying in from out of town for the interview on 8/30 and do not land at the phoenix airport until 11:30 PM.. Does anyone know of a good way to get to a hotel close to campus? I looked into cabs but they're very $$$.

Thanks!

You may be able to get an uber or lyft if you haven't looked at those yet. They tend to run cheaper than regular cab companies but require an app and registration on your mobile device. You could also use the Phoenix sky tran  (24/7) at the airport which is a free service that takes you to the closest light rail station onto 44th st/Washington and ride it all the way out to mesa and then get a uber/cab if money is really a concern. The light rail is only $2 one way and functions like an above-ground subway.

I just received my acceptance call. It's was very short and sweet, congratulating me, and letting me know I would receive an acceptance packet and email in a week or so. I think there are more of us to receive acceptances soon. It has almost been two weeks since the first interview. Good luck to everyone, and I can't wait to meet my new classmates. 

I just received my acceptance call. It's was very short and sweet, congratulating me, and letting me know I would receive an acceptance packet and email in a week or so. I think there are more of us to receive acceptances soon. It has almost been two weeks since the first interview. Good luck to everyone, and I can't wait to meet my new classmates. 

I just got the call as well!!! Words can't describe the feeling. Congratulations to you and any others that have been accepted. I wish the best of luck to those still interviewing/waiting.

Archived