AT Still 2017-2018 Applicants

Guest elena
1 hour ago, ecolvard said:

I just got the call as well!!! Words can't describe the feeling. Congratulations to you and any others that have been accepted. I wish the best of luck to those still interviewing/waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay congrats!!!  I'm glad you guys got accepted too! :-)

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no! :( I had an interview from 7/26 and didn't get a call today... do you think they're done accepting from the first group?? Congratulations to those who were accepted, you all were really amazing people and will make fantastic PAs. Praying they call more tomorrow and this week!!

I think they will keep calling and sending out emails as they interview more and weigh candidates. They put a lot of thought into who gains acceptance and really consider a person as a whole and how they fit with the mission of their program. It ain't over 'til it's over! There are plenty of seats open :]

On 8/7/2017 at 6:25 PM, PAtience said:

Oh no! :( I had an interview from 7/26 and didn't get a call today... do you think they're done accepting from the first group?? Congratulations to those who were accepted, you all were really amazing people and will make fantastic PAs. Praying they call more tomorrow and this week!!

Starting to feel the same way!!! Has anyone been outright rejected yet? I'm hoping so much I get a call soon. I really loved this school and would be so disappointed if I didn't get in. Trying to keep my head up!!! ???

12 hours ago, CaitlynD said:

Starting to feel the same way!!! Has anyone been outright rejected yet? I'm hoping so much I get a call soon. I really loved this school and would be so disappointed if I didn't get in. Trying to keep my head up!!! ???

there have been several rejections given out so far (out of the forum population at least) but I don't believe any of those rejections had interviewed prior to receiving their rejection. 

1 hour ago, kimboxp said:

Congrats to everyone that got accepted!

I have an interview at the end of this month, do you all have any tips/advice?

Thanks!

People kept telling me to be myself, but it's the honest truth. Be engaged with other people, be friendly and courteous to others, and be interested in what speakers have to say. Never pick up your phone, always be professional, dress in a suit/appropriate interview attire (some stair climbing involved--ladies), and just know they already like you on paper. 

1 hour ago, colin.obrochta said:

I also interviewed yesterday 8/9 and received my acceptance call this afternoon. This program is incredible and I am very excited to be a part of the upcoming 2020 class! Good luck to all of you as you receive your interview and acceptance offers for this cycle. 

Yayyyy!!! Congrats Colin!! I'm super excited for you!!!

1 hour ago, ajames said:

People kept telling me to be myself, but it's the honest truth. Be engaged with other people, be friendly and courteous to others, and be interested in what speakers have to say. Never pick up your phone, always be professional, dress in a suit/appropriate interview attire (some stair climbing involved--ladies), and just know they already like you on paper. 

I can attest to this as well. It sounds very cliche to "just be yourself" but it is truly the best advice. You will feel much more comfortable, you will come of as more genuine, and at the end of the day you want them to see the real you so they can determine if you are in fact a good fit in the program. 

Hey all! I interviewed 8/9/17 and got the acceptance call yesterday! The cohort that i interviewed with was amazing and there was no awkward silence during our downtime. The faculty are cordial and do not attempt to come off as intimidating. Seriously, everyone told me to "just be yourself" and i was like "ok, but what's the real advice?" haahaha However, it's so true. The Dean of the Health and Sciences program told me that to get an interview means that you are already qualified to be in the program. Keep up the hard work!

48 minutes ago, boli said:

Wow, so many acceptances! Have to think the class is at least 30-40% filled now

Well, the thing is, people aren't just getting accepted to ATSU if they are competitive. Most people, not me, lol, are applying to like 5+ schools and will get multiple offers. So while there are plenty of acceptances to go around, not everyone is going to make a seat deposit and people will choose other programs that are closer to their home or interests. So keep your head up, because there are certainly so many more interviews ahead of us. Last year, I had friends still interviewing for ATSU in nov/dec; however, I read in previous posts that interview slots fill up come November when the application deadline is. Some people weren't even able to submit because all the interview slots were already given away. So if you've already submitted, you have a better chance than those who haven't yet. 

5 hours ago, ajames said:

Well, the thing is, people aren't just getting accepted to ATSU if they are competitive. Most people, not me, lol, are applying to like 5+ schools and will get multiple offers. So while there are plenty of acceptances to go around, not everyone is going to make a seat deposit and people will choose other programs that are closer to their home or interests. So keep your head up, because there are certainly so many more interviews ahead of us. Last year, I had friends still interviewing for ATSU in nov/dec; however, I read in previous posts that interview slots fill up come November when the application deadline is. Some people weren't even able to submit because all the interview slots were already given away. So if you've already submitted, you have a better chance than those who haven't yet. 

Very true, good point about not all applicants putting down deposits. Just dying to hear!

I just got the call as well!!! Words can't describe the feeling. Congratulations to you and any others that have been accepted. I wish the best of luck to those still interviewing/waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congratssss!!! Are you the one who lives in charlotte?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Archived