2016-2017 Application Thread

For those who have experience with the RDU airport.... If interviews end at 5:00 PM, does anyone have recommendations on what time to get to the airport? Could I make a 6:30 flight or is that pushing it?

Way too risky. You'll miss your flight – the highways to RDU get a lot of Triangle traffic between 3-6pm. During rush hour, despite RDU being close, it could take 45+ mins to get there. Give yourself at least an hour of drive time during rush hour to be safe. And an hour before boarding time for arrival. RDU Security isn't bad, but rush hour flights can cause congestion of the security lines. Plan accordingly!

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Undergrad cGPA 3.6

Science cGPA 3.7

Grad GPA 3.5

GRE score 309

600 hours shadowing a PA

10,000 hours patient care as MA

5,000 healthcare hours in healthcare administration

9,000 volunteer hours (NICU / Habitat for Humanity / Animal Rescue)

CNA & BLS certified

Keep in mind there are other factors too.... I believe Duke prefers candidates with a large number of science hours over the prereqs and remember all of the essays and questions we answered...lots to take into account aside from stats

Good luck to all... feel like I am living in a dream right now :)

Exactly. Every school is different in what they want in an applicant, and then as well getting a diverse group within the applicants they choose. Some schools prefer applicants with a more rigorous academic background (succeeding at a top ranked college or university), while others put more weight on the amount of hands on health care experience.

Personally, "stats" don't mean much because they don't show what kind of school you went to and your whole story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got invited for Interview on 26th Oct. Yay!

I am local so if someone needs some help about local area, let me know.

Edit- I have a question about taking official transcripts to the Interview. I have a foreign degree, so should i take transcripts along even though they are not sealed, or should i ask WES to send me a sealed copy of the evaluation report which I can take along?

Anyone know how many people will be at each interview session?

I'm a current first year student and last year they had about 10 at each session :) good luck to everyone and I look forward to meeting some of you at your interviews!

I just wanted to add that a lot of our class was interviewed in January (including myself), so just because you didn't get an early interview invite, doesn't mean you don't have a chance! Good luck and let me know if you have questions.

Archived