2016-2017 Application Thread

Hi Petunia:

So – I asked the Clinical Coordinator, and she asked me to tell you to refer that Question to the Admissions Office directly. I myself and still trying to find the answer for my own knowledge though. Sorry I wasn't more helpful on that one.

Thanks so much! Do you know it students take their small dog when they have to do far rotations? I am so excited about Duke- but if it looks like I will have to rehome my dog for a year, I feel like it just won't be the right fit for me.

–Tapatalk for iOS–

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone who's been invited to interview have any pre-reqs in progress? I'm currently retaking O-chem (my only F in college) this semester, and am on track for an A. However, it still shows an F previously, and in progress currently. I'm wondering if that will cut me from the running to even interview, given the huge number of applicants.

Although I am a current first year, I cannot (and clearly do not) speak for the Administration or the Admissions Committee, but my understanding is that you need passing grades in all of your Pre-Requisite courses on file.

Of the 8 courses listed, 2 need to be Chem, but I don't believe they have to be Orgo. You just have to have 8 credits equivalents of passing grades in a Chem course. So if you have Gen Chem 1 and 2, those would likely count. However, on the other hand, an F on your record likely won't make your file stand out among the very competitive crowd.

That's just my one small Opinion and not meant to be a judgment call for you.

Has anyone who's been invited to interview have any pre-reqs in progress? I'm currently retaking O-chem (my only F in college) this semester, and am on track for an A. However, it still shows an F previously, and in progress currently. I'm wondering if that will cut me from the running to even interview, given the huge number of applicants.

–Tapatalk for iOS–

My application was sent to the committee on September 9th for review and I am still waiting to hear from them. I wish we knew we could expect to hear from them! I am checking my email every 10 minutes.

I'm in the same boat as you, i was sent on September 7th!!! I'm so nervous and getting discouraged, i've gotten a few rejections from other schools already, so i'm quickly losing my mind. I just want a chance so I can prove to them! ahh!!!

Anyone know if we have access to our supplemental apps once they've been submitted? I have an interview coming up but can't seem to find the link to the supplemental app; definitely want to look over it before going!

You can still view it! Log onto the supplemental app website (https://pa-supplemental.duhs.duke.edu/default.aspx) and then select 'Print Page' to see your completed supplemental application. :)

Thank you!!

For those curious, we have made the page:[[removed]]

:) Congrats to all who've been accepted!

To Current/Future Accepted Students:

The Duke PA Program will, from this point forward, invite you to the Class Facebook Group. For this reason, the previously posted link to the Class of 2019 group has been removed per the Administration's request. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Admissions Office. 

Again, congrats to all who have been accepted, and good luck to those who are still applying/interviewing!

Thank You! Much appreciated.

To Current/Future Accepted Students:

The Duke PA Program will, from this point forward, invite you to the Class Facebook Group. For this reason, the previously posted link to the Class of 2019 group has been removed per the Administration's request. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Admissions Office.

Again, congrats to all who have been accepted, and good luck to those who are still applying/interviewing!

–Tapatalk for iOS–

I brought the transcripts because that is what my email instructed - but I am sure either is fine

I personally had them mailed directly weeks in advance. They also expect that, asked if we had any transcripts on us that wasn't already mailed when we walked in.

(Didn't mean to quote you petunia!)

Archived