2016-2017 Application Thread

I am not sure if this question has been asked, but when adding your colleges/universities it asks for a GPA. My GPA on my transcript is different than my CASPA calculated GPA. Has anyone else had this problem or having any insight on which GPA I should use?

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure if this question has been asked, but when adding your colleges/universities it asks for a GPA. My GPA on my transcript is different than my CASPA calculated GPA. Has anyone else had this problem or having any insight on which GPA I should use?

Thanks!

abermude, 

CASPA GPA is the universal GPA.... "AKA" it is normal GPA, or what everyone and every school goes by.... whether your school GPA is higher or lower, go by what the CASPA says when filling out your supplementals... unless what the CASPA said is completely off then call the CASPA.

Has anyone received an invitation for interview? I know they say it is not until around September 1st until they start inviting people, but I submitted my supplemental on July24th, so I was just curious if anyone submitted their supplemental before me, and whether or not you all received an interview invitation yet.

Also, has anyone heard about the Duke interview day in general? Tough, stressful, easy, mediocre, etc.?

abermude,

CASPA GPA is the universal GPA.... "AKA" it is normal GPA, or what everyone and every school goes by.... whether your school GPA is higher or lower, go by what the CASPA says when filling out your supplementals... unless what the CASPA said is completely off then call the CASPA.

Thanks for the response!

I received an email stating that my application is complete on 7/26.  But it's still not reviewed by the committee yet, anyone else experiencing the same?

Yes, I also received the complete email but not a review email. Similar timeline as you.

CASPA received by Duke 7/22

Duke application complete 8/15

....still waiting on forward to admissions email?!?

It's tough waiting but it seems for the most part people's dates correspond with appropriate timelines. Hopefully I'm up next to be forwarded soon!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Everyone:

I'm a current first year at Duke's PA Program. I know how stressful the Application Process can be as you're going through it. If any of you have any questions about the Application Process at Duke, or Student Life here at Duke, feel free to post questions or message me.

That said, I may not be able to respond immediately, but I'll do my best to get back to you. First year is really starting to ramp up – we have exams every week now, so it's always fairly busy.

Good Luck to all of you! :-D

— DPAP 2018

Archived