2016-2017 Application Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my gosh I'm so excited this process is finally making head way... Congrats everyone who got their interview invites! It seems most of you went under review mid-August! I went under review Sept. 1 so hopefully I will hear back in the near future... Fingers crossed!!

For those of you who got interviews- would you mind sharing your number of HCE hours, GPA, GRE stats? I'm curious if Duke puts more emphasis on academics or experience!? GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scantrell4:

I'm a current first year. To answer your question, Duke's PA Program has a holistic Admissions approach. The AdCom attempts to see each applicant as a whole person, and tries to create a really well-rounded and diverse class in every sense of the word. Healthcare experience is strongly encouraged, but the level of experience does vary quite a bit among admitted students. If you've been invited to interview, it means the Committee thinks you're qualified on paper, and they now want to see what you're like in person. Duke's PA AdCom likes to ask itself if they could potentially see a particular applicant as taking great care of their sick loved one in the future. They want to enroll really wholesome people. People who are booksmart, driven, and experienced, but also socially intelligent, open minded, and empathetic toward those in need.

I am interviewing October 5th - I am so excited - can hardly believe it!

CASPA verified: 7/18.
Email from admissions that they have received my application: 7/22.
Email from admissions that my application is complete: 8/8
Email from admissions that my application has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee: 8/22

Email invitation to interview: 9/7

For those who have experience with the RDU airport.... If interviews end at 5:00 PM, does anyone have recommendations on what time to get to the airport? Could I make a 6:30 flight or is that pushing it?

That will be pushing it. Security at RDU is very simple to get through. I live in the area and every time I fly out, it takes 10-15 minutes max. for security. Duke is roughly 30 min from RDU and it will be during rush hour. It is possible, but risky. Your call

Is anyone else interviewing on October 5th- if so, want to meet up the afternoon of the 4th?  I am so excited for my interview- just booked my flights and hotel..... #1 program and so very grateful they want to meet me.

Good luck everyone waiting for invites- and congratulations to the other interviewees!! 

So frustrated as I received an email confirmation stating that my application was complete on 07/31/2016 (everything received including GRE scores and Supplemental) but have still not received an email that my application has been sent to admissions for review... Is it really completely random who gets in line first even if I submitted everything before others who have been sent to admissions? Process does not seem very fair to me. :( 

Archived