2016-2017 Application Thread

To the people that have already interviewed, any tips??? I am so nervous about the whole process and still can't believe I have an interview coming up there! Duke would basically be a dream come true, especially since its the birthplace of the PA profession and I am an Army Combat medic veteran. Any information, tips, advice would be greatly appreciated. 

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so excited and nervous for Wednesday 26th. Good luck to everyone interviewing that day.

Does someone have an idea how long it takes them to inform us about acceptance into program?

I found out a week later; however, during the interview, we were told that it can take anywhere between a week after your interview through March 1st, 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For people from the area/those who have already interviewed: would a 7:55pm return flight home after the interview be manageable? Is the interview pretty good with keeping to the specified times?

Each person has a different interview schedule, so you may be out earlier than scheduled. I finished at 4, whereas the last group finished around 435. That being said, I think 755pm should be fine! Some of the interviewees on my interview day had flights around 7-8pm. :)

I'd give yourself at least 45mins to 1 hr yo get to the airport during rush hour in the Triangle, and about an hour pre-boarding time for check-in and security and what not. So I would say, as long as you can leave DPAP 2-2.5 hours before your flight, you should be just fine. For an 8pm flight, that means I would leave by 6pm to be safe. Your Interview will definitely end before that.

For people from the area/those who have already interviewed: would a 7:55pm return flight home after the interview be manageable? Is the interview pretty good with keeping to the specified times?

–Tapatalk for iOS–

Each person has a different interview schedule, so you may be out earlier than scheduled. I finished at 4, whereas the last group finished around 435. That being said, I think 755pm should be fine! Some of the interviewees on my interview day had flights around 7-8pm. :)

I'd give yourself at least 45mins to 1 hr yo get to the airport during rush hour in the Triangle, and about an hour pre-boarding time for check-in and security and what not. So I would say, as long as you can leave DPAP 2-2.5 hours before your flight, you should be just fine. For an 8pm flight, that means I would leave by 6pm to be safe. Your Interview will definitely end before that.

–Tapatalk for iOS–

You guys are so helpful. Thanks so much! :)

Hello everyone!

First congratulations to those who have interviewed already and have been accepted as well as those invited for interview!

Would anyone be able to tell me what the interview day was like? ( was it stressful, relaxed..etc)

Also, do most people bring a guest for the first part of interview day, or is it mostly PA applicants?

Thank you

MRH93:

I'm a current first year. If you have specific questions about the Interview, the program, I'd be happy to answer. Just PM me at your leisure.

I interviewed at several places, many of them highly ranked, and despite Duke having such a top ranking among them, it was by far my most relaxed interview. They really do want to understand who you are as a person.

Hello everyone!

First congratulations to those who have interviewed already and have been accepted as well as those invited for interview!

Would anyone be able to tell me what the interview day was like? ( was it stressful, relaxed..etc)

Also, do most people bring a guest for the first part of interview day, or is it mostly PA applicants?

Thank you

–Tapatalk for iOS–

There is no "waiting period", to clarify the question posed.

There's a pile of applicant files and the AdCom sends out interview invites to those it considers the best in said "sent to committee" pile, and it continues to evaluate the best files as that pile changes and class spots remain open.

Has anyone heard anything from Duke? MY supplemental was sent Sept 20. Normally how long is the waiting period for the interview invite?

–Tapatalk for iOS–

Received an interview invite for Nov 14th! I'm so excited! 

Just curious, in the email it mentioned an "observed team exercise". I was curious what it entailed and if there was any way I could better prepare myself for it? 

What should I expect for the interviews? Are they group interviews / panel interviews / one-on-ones? Are they pretty personal/laidback or formal/strict? 

Received an interview invite for Nov 14th! I'm so excited! 

Just curious, in the email it mentioned an "observed team exercise". I was curious what it entailed and if there was any way I could better prepare myself for it? 

What should I expect for the interviews? Are they group interviews / panel interviews / one-on-ones? Are they pretty personal/laidback or formal/strict? 

Congrats on your interview! Just curious - when did you receive Duke's email that your application was being forwarded to the admission's committee?

I just got my acceptance email today! I am in tears. I was in the October 26 interview. It was such a pleasure meeting everyone there. Good luck to everyone!

I'd also like to connect with people from the Oct. 26 interview session. It was truly a wonderful experience getting to know you all, especially those of you that had the last group exercise like I did. ????

Archived