2016-2017 Application Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's moreso saying 25000 is about 250 words so you have an idea how many words that is around.

Also I have been placed in queue to be reviewed, but not that i'm in review yet. I don't think they'll start looking until after the August 15th early deadline.

When filling out the supplemental application I am trying to input my EMT-B certification. I noticed that the only options were EMT-A, EMT-IB, EMT-I, EMT-Defibrillator, EMT-Other, or EMT-Paramedic. Did other EMT-B's put other? I tried looking into what EMT-IB means but I can't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance!

When filling out the supplemental application I am trying to input my EMT-B certification. I noticed that the only options were EMT-A, EMT-IB, EMT-I, EMT-Defibrillator, EMT-Other, or EMT-Paramedic. Did other EMT-B's put other? I tried looking into what EMT-IB means but I can't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance!

Yeah I had a problem with that as well, I ended up putting EMT-IB. As long as you list EMT-B under your patient contact hours, it should be fine :)

I had the same problem! I did this a while ago but I put "EMT other" and then I believe wrote in EMT-B, but I'm sure as WINO said when you put in your hours etc. I'm sure they'll be able to figure it out...

On the Patient Care Experience page of the supplemental app where it asks for "Explanation" right next to "Frequency", is it asking for an explanation for the frequency or for the experience? I read on an old thread that several applicants entered an explanation for the experience, but I thought it would be redundant since there is a description of responsibilities box right below it. Also, if I am still taking a prerequisite course at a community college, should I just not enter an end date on the College/Universities page? It doesn't let me put a future date for an end date. Thanks in advance for your help!

CASPA verified: 7/08.

Email from admissions that they have received my application: 7/22.

Email from admissions that my application is complete: 7/24.

Email from admissions that my application is being reviewed and has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee: 8/08.

Oh wow, that's a lot earlier than last years thread.

Does anybody have an answer for the explanation and frequency question? I was wondering the same thing! Even if you're not sure if it's correct what did others put?

Yeah, I was confused for that part as well. I described the frequency of the hours for the "Explanation" box. For example, "Varied Hours" I entered "Hours accrued in a month, 3-4 hours per week".  I entered the explanation of the experience in the box below where there was more space. I'm not sure if this is the correct way, but I hope this helps!

I tried making my supplemental essays engaging, but didn't put as much time into it as I did my personal statement. Maybe think about an engaging life

story to tell.

Also:

CASPA verified: 8/1

Email from admissions that they received my application and supplemental link sent: 8/3

Supplemental submitted: 8/9

Email verifying application is complete and in queue for review: 8/9

For people who have received emails saying their application was sent to the Admissions Committee, was this a separate email from the you application is complete email?

Archived