UF Class of 2017 Applicants

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received the call from Ms. Canton about an hour ago! I'm going to be a Gator again!!!

@GreatChecko it was nice meeting you last week. Thanks for all of the info and the recruiter contacts!

Congrats! It was a pleasure to meet you as well!

Lets see if I can escape from the first day of a new rotation a bit early to hit the next dinner on Monday! Best of luck and safe travels to all who are headed down this weekend! Please let us know if we can be of any help.

Is anyone else willing to share any rejections? Is FuturePA the only rejection we have seen so far? 

I'm losing my mind waiting!

BUT the good news is that I've decided to take all of your advice, and I am making myself very busy in the mean time. I'm receiving my EMT certification, and just applied at my local firehall to volunteer firefight. If I do NOT get in this cycle, you better believe I'll be prepared for next year. Hopefully that will provide a more meaningful essay and more current LOR's. Would receiving a LOR from a firechief carry any weight? Trying all I can! Ahhh

I was rejected last year with

15000 hrs as a paramedic, Emt-b instructor, extensive community service, 3.5 overall GPA, 4.0 science, 310 GRE, LOR from practicing UF PAs, 150 PA shadowing hours, and according to the interview notes an "extremely well interview."

It is not beneficial to dwell on the experiences of others, when/ if it is meant to be it will. Don't worry about it.

I understood the previous post to mean that the GRE cut off is high, meaning that the applicant's score was low. I've never heard of a GRE score being too high.

Like paramedic said, don't dwell on others, the classes at UF are not cookie cutter and everyone has a different background. So, there is no way to know who will and/or won't get in.

Also, PA school is a waiting game. You wait for an interview, you wait for an acceptance call, you wait for matriculation information, you wait for school to start, then...you can't wait to graduate...

...just do your best to relax and if it's meant to be, it will be. UF is well worth the wait :)

I wish you all the best!

UF doesn't do rolling admissions. True rolling admissions means they interview you then you get a yes or no. UF interviews and then accepts a VERY SELECT group of people (probably <5% per interview group) early in the process, sometimes even the same week of the interview. MOST people who interview have to wait until the end of the process to find out if they got in or not.

I don't have any insider information on October slots. The only info I have is "anecdotal" from people who post on the forum and from personal contacts with my shadows. I doubt that both October interviews are full. In fact, since they still have another September interview session next week, I imagine that both October interview dates still have some openings. But there's really no one here who can answer that question without speculation.

The supplemental is very straight forward and is primarily for the University itself and not the PA program. It should be very straightforward and probably has more to do with establishing your claim to Florida residency than anything else. It's been years since I filled it out so don't know about explaining grades but to my recollection there is nowhere on it to do that. And yes, you pay online, submit it and print a copy to mail in to the PA program.

Hi all! I just came here to say that I got a call today to interview for the Oct 6th spot! I have 2+ years HCE, 327 GRE, but I only have a 3.18 GPA. I was mildly discouraged looking at the forums and seeing the stats of people that got an interview, but UF really looks at the whole picture! Those of you waiting, be patient, your day will come too!

And for anyone wondering the next date, she also gave me an option to interview Oct 20th, but I chose the earlier one.

I am super excited and nervous at the same time! Any interview advice as far as what questions may be asked and the best way to answer them?

The best way to get an idea of what to expect is to ask a current or former student. They have been through the UF process and will be more than happy to help. The faculty encourages students to share with interviewees anything they want to. Just be careful not to ask direct questions openly on the forum as it is against the rules. PM anyone you like or BE SURE TO GO TO THE DINNER where anything you ever wanted to know will be answered.

Whoops! I had no idea that was against the rules. Probably why I haven't seen anyone else ask that question on here. Thank you for letting me know. 

I submitted my application and supplemental early July, but I have met people accepted to the program that submit only a week or two before the deadline.

Archived