UF Class of 2017 Applicants

don't worry - I am not a moderator and I may be wrong on the "rules" - but it seems like you can't pass along specifics openly. The faculty at UF, however, do not have any problem whatsoever with information being shared. They have nothing to hide and encourage students to help those being interviewed. The dinner at the Swamp is CLOSED to faculty and nothing is reported back. They are aware of the dinner and its location and openly invite you to freely discuss the school, the process and yes even specific interview questions. So please plan on going to it. If you are nervous at all, you won't be after the dinner. I can tell you that typically if you can hold a conversation with an average adult, you will do well with the interview. It is not meant to test your knowledge or opinion of controversial subjects. Its for them to get to know you and for you to get to know them. That's not things that can be read in a book. Be humble yet confident and carry on an appropriate conversation :-)

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received the call from Ms. Canton about an hour ago! I'm going to be a Gator again!!!

@GreatChecko it was nice meeting you last week. Thanks for all of the info and the recruiter contacts!

Hey, congrats! I got a call from Ms. Canton on the 17th as well! Have you gotten any of the forms in the mail? I'm starting to think I'm crazy and imagined the whole thing, haha.

I will start my training as a volunteer firefighter shortly, and I am simultaneously enrolled in an intensive 8 credit EMT and basic BLS course. Would it help or annoy UF to receive notification of these advancements? I

I don't think it's a question of annoyance. Plus, this is a pretty big change, especially if it wasn't on your CASPA. I'd send them a short note listing all the additions. Just be patient for a response, as the person who coordinates all this is quite busy right now.

Enjoy all that training, it's fun stuff!

From what everyone has said, it seems like the interview is very relaxed, so thanks all for helping me alleviate some anxiety about this. I have been reading up on various topics and practice questions, I don't want them to ask me a question and me have a blank stare on my face. I do plan on going to the dinner for sure, I have heard nothing but good things about it.

There's just a lot riding on this interview, like the next 2 years of my life and my future career. I intend to be the best I can be and make it count!

From what everyone has said, it seems like the interview is very relaxed, so thanks all for helping me alleviate some anxiety about this. I have been reading up on various topics and practice questions, I don't want them to ask me a question and me have a blank stare on my face. I do plan on going to the dinner for sure, I have heard nothing but good things about it.

There's just a lot riding on this interview, like the next 2 years of my life and my future career. I intend to be the best I can be and make it count!

That all sounds very prudent and smart.

I always stress that interviewees make sure that they come through in their answers. The faculty wants to know who you are, not that you read some book and can regurgitate an answer (not that I'm thinking you're planning on doing that). See you in October. Good luck!

Anyone who's application was completed in mid August get an interview yet? Losing hope by the day...!!!

My CASPA application was verified on 8/4/14 and I received confirmation that my application and all supporting documents were received by UF on 8/9/14. I have not received an interview invitation yet, unfortunately. Judging from what others have said on this forum, the admissions committee does not have a timeline by which they will respond or offer you an interview invitation. Just like you, I get more discouraged as time progresses, but I realize that it is still early in the interview process, so don't lose hope. We will get our calls soon too!

I know this probably me being paranoid... but it has come to my attention that a lot of people are finding their interview invites in their spam folder. I use gmail, and spam travels to my trash after 30 days. I deleted my trash last mid-month, unaware of this. Now allll of those theoretical invites (I'm being sarcastic) may have been lost. Am I freaking out over nothing? I know UF calls, but does anyone have any idea if other schools send another email? 

I applied pretty early, CASPA verified 5/1, and recently started shadowing a PA that said he kept in touch with the school he applied to throughout the whole process. I was hesitant to do this because I didn't want to come off as annoying but I went ahead and sent an email just following up and they replied saying my application has moved on to the second level of evaluation and I'll be contacted for an interview if they decide they want to do that. I wanted to post about it because this is the first bit of good news I've gotten! I realize it's not an interview but I made it past one obstacle!

I was also wondering if anyone else got this email? Or maybe it's just a response to my email...

For people in the program, have you heard of these levels of evals before an interview?

For people thinking about emailing them, I only did it because I hadn't heard from them in over 3.5 months. I was really hesitant as I mentioned because they are so busy during this time and if you email them too much I've heard that can be a red flag...so don't take emailing them lightly!

Yes, there are multiple levels. The first level is just screening for basic eligibility. They are simply looking to make sure that the applicants meet the minimum requirements for the program. Then, the application gets forwarded to the admissions person who reads the essay and reviews the application. The process does take time, so your attitude is a good one. 

I do recall getting an email with a similar message.

As for emailing too much, I wouldn't get too wrapped up about it; there's no red flag magic number of emails. If you have a questions, go ahead and ask them (or post it here if you don't want to). Just be patient, they will get back to you eventually. At the end of the day, they are humans too, busy humans at that. Just put yourself in their shoes. 

Good luck and there are plenty of interview days left, so hang in there!

Archived