UF Class of 2017 Applicants

Since CASPA opens tomorrow, I wanted to start up the thread for the Class of 2017. 

There are lots of Gator PAs floating around, so please post any and all questions you may have.

It's great to be a Florida Gator and it's great to be a Gator PA! 

http://pap.med.ufl.edu/

and just for fun, 19 Reasons Why It's Great to Be a Florida Gator.

I wish you all the best with your upcoming applications. 

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish everyone the best on their CASPA quest. Other than the waiting, it's probably the most frustrating part of PA applications.

I've started my application and I went to the info session on at UF Thursday. It was really helpful! It was nice to hear from some of the instructors and current students.

Thanks for the thread!

I'm glad you could come and that you found it helpful. Hopefully, I didn't make too much of a fool of myself ;)

GreatChecko,

I wish everyone the best on their CASPA quest. Other than the waiting, it's probably the most frustrating part of PA applications.

I'm glad you could come and that you found it helpful. Hopefully, I didn't make too much of a fool of myself ;)

I had a long day because I live 4 hours away, but I'm really glad I made it. I am not exactly sure which student you are, but no one made a fool of themselves! ;-) Thanks for spending time with the PA-S hopefuls!

I really enjoyed hearing the student experiences and the advice.

I will start to request transcripts starting this week. Let the "fun" begin!!!

Many reasons to choose from: quality education in medical facility with classes taught by experts in their field, full dissection anatomy lab, low attrition, high first time pass rate and if you are a Florida resident - very reasonable tuition. The quality of the program is recognized around the country - no trouble getting a job right out of school!

Everything above is spot on.

Also worth mentioning are the resources that we have access to due to being a part of a large, research institution, and being a part of the College of Medicine. The med school library is awesome and has access to a ton of online resources that would cost a ton on their own, like many of our textbooks and websites like uptodate.

Sharing the campus with UF Health Shands Hospital is another huge benefit. The classroom is quite literally steps away from the hospital, which is something few PA schools can claim to. We work with IM residents in the Spring semester and see inpatients as part of our hospital practicum. During the clinical year, Shands offers the opportunity to see pathology that is only rarely seen elsewhere due to the high number of specialized clinics and it's status as a referral hospital for much of the state and surrounding region.

Finally, UF just fit. The interview process is great and the faculty are awesome. The program is tough, but fair and everyone is here to do everything they can to help you succeed. If someone fails out, the only person they have to blame is themselves. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I applied, I didn't hear anything until early July. It is also a bit early in the cycle. Right now they are in the midst of starting the new didactic year and sending the second years off to clinical year.

They do send an email, though :)

The graduate school does send an email pretty quick when the supplemental is completed. So I might follow up on that one if you haven't heard back from them. 

Archived