UF Class of 2017 Applicants

Only thing that I would change to what checko said is that on Tuesday there are two separate interview sessions - one in the am or one in the pm. So you will come on Monday afternoon and then will interview either Tuesday am, Tuesday pm or Wednesday am. Definitely go to the dinner and  I strongly suggest going tot he optional class as well.

If you are called for an interview you will be given a specific interview date. If like parity you can't attend the date offered, you will be given dibs on a future date.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They redid a lot of the website it over the past year and the information is up to date, so it is worth looking at.

Otherwise, any questions we can help with? It's been quiet round these parts...

Yeah..I wouldn't use this email, it doesn't go to anyone in the program. CNS seems to even be a defunct computer department to boot!

I emailed the main admissions and they just gave me a number to call. But maybe I can get some responses here. 

Has anyone ever been accepted or go an interview even without the 2,000 HCE? I have everything but the 2,000 HCE, I would be at about 1700 hours by the time the program matriculated. 

I emailed the main admissions and they just gave me a number to call. But maybe I can get some responses here.

Has anyone ever been accepted or go an interview even without the 2,000 HCE? I have everything but the 2,000 HCE, I would be at about 1700 hours by the time the program matriculated.

Yes, the 2,000 hour HCE is not hard and fast. Per the website, it is recommended, with those with 1000 by December getting preference. I do know of people who have gotten in with less.

That being said, every year it gets more competitive, so an application has to have some other strong attributes to compensate.

As for sending an email, did you send it to the main graduate admissions? Sorry if I caused any confusion... I meant the primary PA admissions email posted above.

I'd also check out the above website, the PA program pretty much runs it's own show when it comes to admissions and the program in general, so that's the best place to get info. We are always happy to help as well!

I have a couple of questions regarding interview invitations for you guys. Still "patiently" waiting, but remaining hopeful! Do either of you know if the admissions board started extending invitations for the Oct. 6th and 7th interview sessions or filled all of their September openings? I saw Katelyne and Parity received invitations for the 2nd interview in Sept. (congratulations to the both of you!) and were able to request the Oct. dates. Not critical, but it would give me some peace of mind knowing whether or not I have a shot for that opening. It would be after I have a few interviews under my belt, which would be perfect since I am a first time applicant and am the most anxious about UF. 

Any advice for those of us still waiting? I assume the admissions board only gives feedback on individual applications after the decision making process is complete, but would you recommend continuing to email updates on additional hours or new experiences gained since submitting, or waiting until after we know whether or not we will be offered an interview to do that sort of thing?

Thank-you for all of your advice and information. :) Good Luck to those of you preparing for interviews!

I would assume that the September 8 session is full and that the only way anyone would still get an invite to that one (next week!) would be if there were a last minute cancellation. Usually in the event of a last minute cancellation, a "local" (ie Gainesville) applicant is notified. I haven't heard about the second one which is Sep 22 but I imagine there may be a few openings in that one since they will probably fill it after they finish the first rounds.

If UF calls you, take the first available opening unless it is not convenient for you. I say this because it gives them more time in the process to think about you. After they interview you, you will be reconsidered every time they look at the next group of interviewees.

I bet UF will exceed 2000 applications this year and right now is not a good time to ask for feedback. Later, yes. As for updating the committee, if anything major happens, update them. But I don't think it's necessary to give routine updates.

Good luck! All I can say is I'm glad I graduated when I did because it's getting more and more competitive!

As for updating them on hours/experiences, the committee already projects your hours out to when you would begin the program. In other words, if you are working 40 hours a week and you submit now, they assume you will continue working approx 40 hours a week until next May.

I would only update things like a new job, promotion to full time, etc. that would affect that projection. Basically, big stuff. However, like Woodsters said, no need to update every little detail, there's only a few people working on this and don't have the time to "split hairs" that closely when sorting through all the applicants.

I've sent them updates on receiving an EMT certification and a new volunteer position at a hospital that I will be doing until school starts, they emailed back a few days later saying they will add the updates to my file. 

I don't know if that helps you Lindsey but I feel way better updating them, but I also agree that if it's something small probably not worth it. In my opinion a new certification is major or for me, I needed more volunteer experience on my resume so I felt like they should know.

I am also patiently waiting for a call so I feel your pain!

I've sent them updates on receiving an EMT certification and a new volunteer position at a hospital that I will be doing until school starts, they emailed back a few days later saying they will add the updates to my file. 

I don't know if that helps you Lindsey but I feel way better updating them, but I also agree that if it's something small probably not worth it. In my opinion a new certification is major or for me, I needed more volunteer experience on my resume so I felt like they should know.

I am also patiently waiting for a call so I feel your pain!

Thank you for the advice! :) I agree, EMT certification is definitely something I'd update them on. That is great experience in my opinion. :) I've shadowed in a few new areas and am working on increasing my volunteer hours, but nothing quite that exciting so it probably doesn't merit an update at this time.  Congratulations on your EMT! :) Hopefully the painful waiting will be worth it! Good Luck!

Archived