UF Class of 2017 Applicants

@greatchecko ... does updating your experience with admission team help your chances of getting an interview? I work on the surgical floor of the UF Cancer Center as an EMT but did not have the job when I applied to UF. I wrote the admissions committee I forming them of the update. Do you think it will help my chances?

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@greatchecko ... does updating your experience with admission team help your chances of getting an interview? I work on the surgical floor of the UF Cancer Center as an EMT but did not have the job when I applied to UF. I wrote the admissions committee I forming them of the update. Do you think it will help my chances?

I don't have any inside info, but paid, direct, patient care experience always helps. Your job does help. You will probably find out before I will if that will lead to an interview. I wish you the best.

Edit: I did forget to add that many people in the current classes have taken the exact path you are on. 

I don't have any inside info, but paid, direct, patient care experience always helps. Your job does help. You will probably find out before I will if that will lead to an interview. I wish you the best.

Edit: I did forget to add that many people in the current classes have taken the exact path you are on.

Well thank you for the information... I have been trying to get into PA school for 4 years now with no luck... I still have not heard from UF about an interview and I am starting feel that I won't get one :( I have alot of experience , good GRE scores, and great letters but my GPA is low. I don't know what I will do if I don't get in this year.

Hi everyone! I just interviewed at UF on November 3rd and 4th and was hoping that if anyone from that interview group gets an acceptance call soon, they'd post and let us know? This is my dream school and I keep non stop checking my phone. They might not be going out until next week, but you never know! 

For those of you who are current/former students: how do you feel about Gainesville as a place to live?

I like Gainesville a lot. Plenty to do if you want an escape, beautiful campus with great facilities, Southern charm with a little hipster attitude. Keep in mind, you will probably see more of the library or your favorite desk, but it's a great town to study in. I could see myself staying in the area after I graduate.

Plus, in your second year, you have the option to move to Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, or Pensacola for your clinical rotations, if GNV isn't where you want to be. I like smaller cities, so I stayed, but I'm also rotating throughout the state and staying with family and friends. Students can also stay at the dorms by Shands Jacksonville for "free" if you rotate there and it isn't your "area of preference" aka clinicals home base (one of the cities I mentioned above).

Do you have a specific concern or somewhere you are comparing?

*sigh* Got a rejection email from UF just now.

But congrats to anyone that made it farther!

Sorry to hear it. It's such a multifaceted process, I sometimes wish I knew what the special sauce was.

I hope you hear from other schools and I highly encourage you to apply again here and many other schools next year. Also, don't think that because UF shot you down that you won't get into PA school or another school of the same quality. I have a friend who didn't hear from UF but got into one of the top schools in the country and many people in my current class who applied multiple times to UF. Becoming a PA is a long process that takes perseverance. "Just keep swimming," as one of my favorite fish likes to say (and I would mutter to myself multiple times a day during didactic year).

*sigh* Got a rejection email from UF just now.

But congrats to anyone that made it farther!

I'm sorry to hear that! Do you have any idea as to why they did? Did your interview go well? I heard that is weighed very heavily at Uf. I've been invited to interview next week, I'm extremely nervous!

I'm sorry to hear that! Do you have any idea as to why they did? Did your interview go well? I heard that is weighed very heavily at Uf. I've been invited to interview next week, I'm extremely nervous!

Don't get too nervous. You speak to students before the interview and we will all do our best to help you relax a little bit. Also, review this site and post any questions you might have. They really do want to get to know you!

Received my UF rejection letter a few weeks ago. :( Broke my heart. I'm sorry it took so long to post it here. 

Going at it even harder next semester. UF is my #1 and I will reapply. Sigh. 

That being said, those who have received interviews and acceptances: CONGRATS! It's such a tough process and you should be proud of getting this far! Go Gators! 

I am so sorry @marsle85 but kudos to you for continuing to work hard to get where you want to be...I hope UF recognizes that this next cycle! I am still in the waiting game of not hearing anything since my application went into review.  Did your rejection letter come in the mail or email? Starting to wonder if I have one waiting at my permanent address too.....thanks for any insight!

Archived