UF Class of 2017 Applicants

As usual Checko - your contribution to this thread is invaluable! But honestly after talking it over with my wife I think we are confident in our decision for UCD! Both are amazing programs and I feel as if I will become a very competent PA either way! So this choice came purely down to location. CO is a bit closer to Seattle (and weekend trips home for my wife would be nice when I'm in finals ;) )

Best of luck to all those Interviewing at FL!

As a side note GO BUFFS (...crickets.......) haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interviewed Wednesday and received my acceptance call from Melinda today!! Could not be more excited!! Good luck to everyone who interviewed with me, and I cannot wait to meet everyone!!

Hey Tatum it's Morgan from the Week 4 interview session. I'm so excited for you! Congratulations and best of luck! Go Gators!

Hi everyone, I just got a call today to interview next Wednesday! I was wondering if UF will send an email with some sort of itinerary? I'll be there the 3rd thru the 5th!

Congrats!!! When did you apply? I applied late.. right before September 1. Still waiting to hear back!

Congrats!!! When did you apply? I applied late.. right before September 1. Still waiting to hear back!

I applied in early June!! It's odd that I'm just now hearing back but I'm very excited! I don't believe that UF does rolling admissions so you can hear back at any time

They will send you a map of all the parking options. Your best bet is to park in the hospital parking. There is a lot on the south side of Archer that is near the cancer center and relatively convenient to the PA offices. 

As for hotels, both of Woodsters suggestions are good. However, unless you won't have a car, I'd just find something comfortable that you can afford. Traffic can be bad on Archer around 8AM, so just plan some extra time and you'll be fine. The Paramount Plaza Hotel on 13th is relatively close as well. The closest hotel is a Best Value Inn on 13th, which I did stay at last summer and was pleasantly surprised. It's nothing fancy, but it was clean and comfortable. I would stay away from the Days Inn on 13th, though. 

As for other suggestions, there is a Hampton Inn downtown that's in a cool part of town.

As for the interview, be yourself. You're going to hear that over and over again. In the past they have really wanted to get to know who you are as a person. Don't give the textbook answers that you read in some guide, tell them what you think. They can see through the BS. Beyond that, I don't think anyone knows the perfect way to act or what to say that will get you into UF. It's a great school, so be excited, and good luck!

What about the Union hotel on campus?  I have a room there...is it quiet at night?  Also, Woodsters and GreatChecko, are you living in Gainesville still and do you attend the dinners?

What about the Union hotel on campus? I have a room there...is it quiet at night? Also, Woodsters and GreatChecko, are you living in Gainesville still and do you attend the dinners?

You'll be fine in the student Union hotel. UF might be known for the Rowdy Reptiles, but the campus is actually pretty quiet. The Reitz is maybe a 15-20 minute walk to the 1329 building and 10 minutes from The Swamp.

I love going to the dinners! However, I'm currently in a clinical rotation away from Gainesville and won't be around until the late Nov and early Dec interview dinners, pending my hospital schedule.

I am a UF grad - class of 2011. I live in Williston, about 20 miles from Gainesville. I'm not really invited to the dinners so I don't go. But you should! When are you interviewing?

If you have any questions, feel free to ask on this forum or PM one of us. Checko is great with his responses and I help when I can but am not as "relevant" as Checko since he is a current student.

Good luck!

Does anyone know up until what point UF calls for interviews the week prior to the interview next week? Just wondering if there is any chance I could hear about an interview for November 3rd- 5th dates still this week.

I don't think there's a set date/time, however, distance from UF and how far ahead they call tends to be directly related. I could see a scenario where someone cancels on short notice and they call Friday afternoon, but most likely the call would go to someone local.

Congratulations to everyone that have been accepted! I submitted my application late August and heard back early October. I'll be attending the November 3-4 interview session and I look forward to meeting everyone! Thanks for all the posts so far, they've been very helpful.

Hey everyone! I'll be interviewing next week Nov 3-4 too! Looking forward to meeting you all =] I'm flying into Gainesville the morning before on Sunday. It'll be my first time to Florida, so definitely down to meet up with anyone else who's arriving early and wants to explore. Send me a message if you're interested in meeting up.

Hey everyone! I'll be interviewing next week Nov 3-4 too! Looking forward to meeting you all =] I'm flying into Gainesville the morning before on Sunday. It'll be my first time to Florida, so definitely down to meet up with anyone else who's arriving early and wants to explore. Send me a message if you're interested in meeting up.

It may be out of the way from where you are staying, but I highly suggest trying Satchel's Pizza. You won't be disappointed.

I am a UF grad - class of 2011. I live in Williston, about 20 miles from Gainesville. I'm not really invited to the dinners so I don't go. But you should! When are you interviewing?

If you have any questions, feel free to ask on this forum or PM one of us. Checko is great with his responses and I help when I can but am not as "relevant" as Checko since he is a current student.

Good luck!

I thrillingly interview this Monday and Tuesday and am certainly attending the dinner.  I am traveling from NC and am making an overnight stop tomorrow in Savannah to see a best friend on the way!  Thank you for your reply and all of the information you have provided. 

Bruwin, I will be there Sunday afternoon.  Maybe we can go to Satchel's for an early dinner?  Message me if you want!

If you go a day early, La Tienda Latina is really great. Probably some of the best Mexican-style food i've had. The Top which is about 10-15 minutes away is also pretty good; eccentric decor if you're into that. And there's always stuff like Zaxby's which is good if you live in South Florida or in the north where they don't have this glorious fast casual chain.

Overall lots of great food on that stretch of Archer leading up to UF, and that other road with the DNA-shaped bridge (University blvd?)

Archived