UF Class of 2017 Applicants

I've heard from others that everyone that interview has an equal chance of acceptance...

Just to address this, it's not that everyone that interviews has an equal chance of acceptance, per se. There's too many factors to say that. However, there are at least as many unfilled spots in the class as there are interviewees in each group. Thus, each person is interviewing for a spot on the class, not on the wait list or the rejection list. 

Towards the end, the acceptances slow down for this reason; the number of open seats equals the number of interviewees in the final group.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My CASPA was verified on Monday 08/11. All of my schools have contacted me saying that received my application, except UF... Is this normal? I mailed in the supplemental the same Monday as well. The only thing I'm missing on my application would be the medterm course that I will be taking in october, but I didn't state this in my CASPA since  I haven't registered yet. Is there someone to e-mail to let them know? Its been about a week now. Just concerned...

It's never a bad idea to update the school with any grades that aren't on your CASPA, especially if it is a required/recommended class or it will raise your GPA. Don't send all your transcripts, but only the ones that will update the classes that were in progress.

If you accept a seat in the class, sometime in January they will send a letter outlining everything they need you to send to complete your student file. This will include an original copy of all your transcripts. 

Best of luck!

Unless something has changed, there is no essay on the supplemental. It's just a formality required by the university itself. It's not very expensive either. JUST BE SURE to follow the directions listed on UF's PA website about how to properly fill it out. You will need to print it and snail mail it to the program. UF gives a priority to students whose CASPA apps are VERIFIED prior to September 1. Absolute deadline is October 1. GOOD LUCK!

I know I am very late for application to this school in particular but I was wondering if one of you wouldn't mind sharing what the supplemental application entails? Does it have an essay, and if so, what was the prompt/word count like? 

I don't know if I'd say you are "very late"....

September 1 is the preference date to have your CASPA "completed" (notice, it doesn't say verified) with all supporting documents submitted. One more week left to do that. 

That being said, I'd work hard to get things done by this date. People who submit afterwards do get interviews. It's just much more of a numbers game once we get into September and beyond.

Starting to get discouraged, seems like a lot of people already have interviews I've had a few emails for additional info or answering questions but no word on interview. This is one of 2 schools that I applied to with rolling admission and I'm surprised not to have any news yet. Funny how one day this process is exciting and the next its just nerve wreaking

I'm not sure why you think a lot of people are getting interviews. They will probably interview about 150 people and I have only heard of a half dozen or so who have listed on here that they have interviews. UF interviews until December. They do not do rolling admissions which means you have between now and December to keep your hopes up.

I couldn't make the first date since I'd be out of town. I can't comment on the other dates or times since I only know my own, but if you're curious I know woodsters or the greatcheko are current students or alum that detailed the application process, and have some personal experience. You might want to reference their posts earlier in the thread.

The short and sweet of interviewing at UF (this is how it's rolled in past years and as always is subject to change):

Monday - Program info session, "group experience," and the optional, but awesome and highly recommended, dinner with current students (faculty does not and cannot attend the dinner).

Tuesday - Optional class, Interview session 1, usually applicants who have traveled a great distance 

Wednesday - Optional class, Interview session 2, usually more local/driving distance applicants

Applicants attend Monday and one of the interview sessions, and will usually have about 3-4 interviews that are 1-1 with PA faculty, admissions director, associate dean, and/or community PA (usually Shands PA or area alum).

For those of you still working on getting those applications completed, work double duty to get it in by 9/1. This will be a big help to your cause this year. 

Good luck!

Checko

Archived