UF Class of 2017 Applicants

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically, if you haven't heard anything by Monday December 1 at 2 pm, you are not going to get an invite. Someone local who can drop everything and come on Monday MIGHT be notified if there is a last minute cancellation. Thursday and Friday are holidays as checko said and I would DOUBT that any calls would go out then (to fill cancellations) but it's not beyond the realm of possibility. Basically, if you don't hear by Wednesday night of this week, your only chance of an interview is a last minute cancellation.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've seen, it's more a window than a day. Along with admissions, everyone is busy finishing up their academic responsibilities for the year since the semester finishes on Friday and both the first and second year classes have exams this week. Calls will go out this week or early next week. As for letters for wait list or rejections, I think they go out later, but I can't remember if they get that done this month or in January.

Hang in there everyone...this is a crazy process.

I don't think anyone on here can answer your question. However, probably by the end of the year you will either get a phone call saying you are accepted OR a letter saying either that you are an alternate (wait list) or that you have been rejected. If waitlisted, hope is renewed but the wait continues until school starts in June.

I haven't heard that they are done calling. That being said, if there are any left, it's likely it won't be too many more. It sounds like things should be wrapped up by the end of next week before everyone goes on holiday. 

If you don't hear positively this round, keep in mind what I said before, and let us know if there is anything we can do to help you with the next cycle. 

Archived