UTMB 2013-2014 Application Cycle

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi future PAs :)

Just to let you know, I'm a first year at UTMB and am part of the student panel that you guys will meet if you are interviewing tomorrow.

Just wanted to give some words of advice. Believe that from the moment you step onto campus, your interview starts. Every person you meet is a potential person that could impact you. Also keep in mind the student panel is still part of the interview process. Yes, it is more informal but we are still looking at you each individually. Make sure to be a part of discussion and speak up! We are there to get to know you better as well as we want you to ask us questions.

I look forward to seeing your smiling faces tomorrow! Good luck! "And may the odds be ever in your favor!" (Go watch the Hunger Games by the way, it's awesome! :)

Do you know how many spots are left by any chance?

how'd you know you were waitlisted?

I got an email telling me I was put on the wait list at 4 pm today.

Congratulations!

They went through their whole wait list last year which I believe was about 50!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh gosh really? Thank you! I was feeling a little sad about my spot #33, but now I feel hopeful again :) When did you find out you were accepted off the wait list?

@paigems I was accepted in October after my interview date but my friend is a first year at UTMB and she said they went through a lot last year. The school posts the wait listed number that they are accepting on their web page under prospective students. So you'll have a better estimate on how many people are in front of you! Good luck!!

@paigems I was accepted in October after my interview date but my friend is a first year at UTMB and she said they went through a lot last year. The school posts the wait listed number that they are accepting on their web page under prospective students. So you'll have a better estimate on how many people are in front of you! Good luck!!

Oh I see. Well thank you very much for sharing that! I'm very excited about the possibility of getting accepted to UTMB!

I imagine the waitlist numbers may change as well? I mean if someone was offered a spot on the waitlist and an acceptance elsewhere surely they would take the acceptance elsewhere, moving the numbers around? This is my first time dealing with stuff like this so I'm unsure about some things.

Archived