Thanks for starting this! I just got my confirmation letter from Emory telling me they received all my application material today. Guess all there is left is wait..

Ok, this is a strange question, but when filling out the supplemental application it asks specifically for your social security number right at the top, then when you go to upload the document to CASPA it has those four tips and one of them says white out SSN... ? Did anyone leave their SSN blank due to this or am I just overthinking? 

2 hours ago, marissajanel said:

Got my email last night that I will know the decision in 3-7 days! 1800 applicants so far.

They already received 1800 applicants?! Oh my goodness!

2 hours ago, marissajanel said:

Got my email last night that I will know the decision in 3-7 days! 1800 applicants so far.

Did the school tell you this? 

7 minutes ago, marissajanel said:

Yes!! It’s crazy right?

Yes insane! Most people haven't even applied yet (since classes just ended and it will take a while to get verified by CASPA).

1 minute ago, marissajanel said:

Yes!

That’s crazy because I know in TOTAL they receive that many applications a cycle on average but not within the first month. Most people haven’t finished school yet or JUST finished. When I submitted my application it just stated on avg how many people apply per year. 

4 minutes ago, BrethePA said:

That’s crazy because I know in TOTAL they receive that many applications a cycle on average but not within the first month. Most people haven’t finished school yet or JUST finished. When I submitted my application it just stated on avg how many people apply per year. 

I tried to post a screenshot but it won’t let me! That’s what I thought as well. I’m sure a lot will get weeded out.

That is crazy that they already received that many applications. I am finalizing my application. Good luck to everybody who is applying.

Hi has anyone heard anything? today is day 7 of the 3-7 days it takes to process my application so I'm going crazy! Someone told me they were denied on the 25th and submitted after me. Does this mean anything?

24 minutes ago, sampsonite06 said:

I submitted on the 21st and have not heard anything.

I was verified the 14th! Got an email saying 3-7 days to process and now its been quiet

I was denied. For those interested I submitted on 5/25 and verified 5/28. I received the 3-7 processing time email on 6/4. It is all good though this is my first cycle applying and Emory was a long shot for me in my opinion anyway. Good luck to everyone else. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Drobin21 said:

I was denied. For those interested I submitted on 5/25 and verified 5/28. I received the 3-7 processing time email on 6/4. It is all good though this is my first cycle applying and Emory was a long shot for me in my opinion anyway. Good luck to everyone else. 

I'm sorry to hear that ?

Would you mind posting your stats?

I'm sure you'll get in somewhere else ❤️

I don't mind at all.

3.4 cGPA    4.0 bcpGPA    302 GRE

I had a 1.5 GPA my freshman year, 4.0 the rest of the time.

1500 patient care hours as a PT aide.

7500 volunteer hours with the special Olympics

5 year Army active duty infantryman veteran.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By zgotham1
      Hello All, 

I hope you are doing well. I was just curious if anyone has run into the same issue with shadowing that i am in currently. So, unfortunately I dont have the connections to other PAs like some people do, so this leads to having to go above and beyond to try to find PAs to shadow. I finally found one that is willing to take me on that doesn't currently have PA students with them (I go to Gannon University and I live close to Mercyhurst University, which both have PA programs), however, they want me to pay $50 per shadowing visit. I have never heard of anything like this before. Is this normal to pay $50/per shadow experience? Or is this just a UPMC thing. Is it worth it? Or should i keep trying to find other facilities that dont require such. 

- Zach 
    • By hsc2018
      Selling a collection of books used for PA/medical school for $400. Must be able to pick up from Sunset Park, Brooklyn and must be bought as a complete bundle. Books have been used but all books are in good/excellent condition; some have highlight marks. 

- Goldman's Cecil Medicine 24th ed. 
      - Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment 2016 Lange
      - Current Surgery 14th ed. Lange
      - Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 11th ed. Bates
      - Basic and Clinical Pharmacology 13th ed. Lange
      - Basic Pathology 9th ed. Kumar Abbas Aster 
      - Atlas of Anatomy 2nd ed. 
      - Obstetrics and Gynecology 7th ed. Charles R.B. Beckmann
      - Applying Moral Theories 5th ed. Harris 
      - Understanding Health Policy 7th ed. Bodenheimer Grumbach
      - Essential Clinical Procedures 3rd ed. Elsevier
      - Clinically Oriented Anatomy 7th ed. Moore
      - Physiology 5th ed. Costanzo 
      - Deja Review Emergency Medicine Jang 
      - Boards and Wards 5th ed. Ayala Spellberg
      - Clinical Pocket Reference 11th ed. Gomella Haist 
      - Freakonomics Levitt & Dubner 
      - Superfreakonomics Levitt & Dubner 

I will also be throwing in my Netter's Anatomy Flash Cards 2nd Edition as well as my Venipuncture Course and Training Kit (hardly used)
      Craigslist Listing: https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/bks/d/brooklyn-selling-medical-textbooks-for/6811458463.html
    • By MissPrePAJess
      Hi PAs as Pre-PAs: I am fortunate enough to say that I have a choice of PA programs to choose from- Emory and Duke. I have visited both schools during the interview, and both are impressive. I’ll be moving with my husband, who will need to find a job wherever we end up, and it seems like Atlanta may have more opportunities for jobs in his field (landscape architecture). I’m thrilled but a bit stumped as to which to choose. I’d sincerely appreciate some insight from those that are familiar with the programs. What would be on your pro and con list? Thank you!
    • By NickFala
      Hello all, I've been wandering around this website for quite some time reading peoples' posts and finally decided to try and make my own and have some people who have similar stats as me shed some light.
      I graduated from the University of Central Florida in August 2018 and I'm retaking A&P 1 & 2 since my university only offered Anatomy and Physiology as separate courses. I did unfortunately get C's in both Anatomy and Physio, however retaking A&P 1 and 2, I received an A in A&P 1 and will most likely receive an A in A&P 2.

My cumulative GPA averaged out to about a 3.2 and sGPA of about 3.0-3.1 somewhere in that general area. I got a 297 on the GRE, with my writing section being in about the 95th percentile (not sure if that really matters or not). I also do have a LOR from my A&P professor, I have around 50+ shadowing hours, shadowing a transplant surgeon and psychiatrist. I also currently have been working as a scribe in the Emergency department with not only physicians but PA's as well. I have been a scribe for about 2 years so I'd say more than 1,000 hours and I've contacted some schools who consider it has PCE hours, with that being said I've definitely learned a LOT being a scribe and being exposed to everything and anything in the ER. I also have a letter recommendation who is a PA-C and he's also a faculty member for a universitys PA program as well. So I was wondering, will my GPA ruin my chances of getting in PA school? I really didn't wanna have to take a bunch of science classes if I didn't need to but I've been unfortunately comparing myself to a lot of applicants and I feel like the short end of the stick. Thanks to everyone and anyone who responds, all criticism is welcome. Just please try not to be too rude :)

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More