UTMB 2013-2014 Application Cycle

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is what they told me. That it would go into the spring and that is when final decisions would be made. Granted, they lost my application at the beginning, so I am trying to get contact information to someone higher up because I sent my app to them completed in Aug and it was not discovered until I called the end of November. Had i not called, it would have never been known that they didnt pull my app over. I am getting beyond frustrated with it because I really feel like I didnt have a fair shot at all!! The ladies in the office tell me the same thing every time I call, which is "oh it's in line for review." Well it would have already been reviewed if they had not lost it. I feel like i dont even have a fair shot anymore, and I feel like my app was pretty strong. So FRUSTRATING! I have been accepted at Texas Tech, but Galveston was on of my top choices, so it's really really really irritating!

@MrsJ2011: I am in the same boat and have already had trouble with my application and them. I called today and the lady (who was VERY rude) told me that they havent decided if they are sending out more invites to interviews or not. She said that she couldnt tell me when that decision would be made and if they would or would not be having more interviews. It's so unorganized and everytime I call, they are rude to me. I just explained to the lady that I was just curious since they had lost my application that I completed in August and they didnt find it until the end of November.

So apparently, they are sending rejections to those that interviewed and those that haven't heard anything are still in limbo...absolutely crazy!

This has been their policy since the early days, and I agree, it makes sense.  There were two interview cycles on campus and no one was advised as to their status until both groups had been interviewed.  I interviewed in the first group (January as I recall) and didn't receive my acceptance notification until late March or April maybe?  The only difference is that our class sizes were 25, not 90.

So FRUSTRATING! I have been accepted at Texas Tech, but Galveston was on of my top choices, so it's really really really irritating!

It's so unorganized and everytime I call, they are rude to me. I just explained to the lady that I was just curious since they had lost my application that I completed in August and they didnt find it until the end of November.

I'm acutely aware of the rudeness you've encountered. And while I understand that the administrative staffers are not the professors, it reflects poorly on the program as a whole. They lost your completed and paid application. They are curt and unhelpful on the phone. Not a welcoming first impression.

You may want to reconsider this school as your top choice, given your experiences thus far. Especially considering you have received admission elsewhere. :)

I've received a couple of your application is "under consideration" emails. Last one I received was in November. I called them today for an update, and was told that they sent out a group of emails about 1 week ago, and I may not have received my email due to a system malfunction. She said she'd send out my email again today, but could not elaborate on the content. My guess is it's a rejection letter, but was wondering if anyone else who hasn't interviewed received an email from the school recently?

I called today and the lady told me the same thing. They have been unprofessional with me since the beginning, so I am not surprised that I didnt receive an email when I was supposed to....I am going to wait through the day and see if I get an email then call back tomorrow and ask them what the email says if i dont get it. I have been very unpleased and feel as though I was done wrong from the start. They didnt even pull my app over until November when they received it in Aug. She said it was  "Misplaced!" so I am highly frustrated!

Archived