UTMB 2013-2014 Application Cycle

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm flying in for my interview tomorrow from Tallahassee, Florida. Are there any other out-of-state people who have an interview? Is there anyone else on this board interviewing tomorrow? If so, I look forward to meeting you all and look forward to visiting Texas.

Hey guys, my application is still under review apparently and I submitted back in July. My overall and science GPAs are over a 3.0 and I have a masters degree in athletic training and sports medicine from Texas Tech Health sciences center. I'm currently practicing in an orthopedic and sports medicine clinic and have been since 2010, over 6000 hours of direct patient contact experience. I have not heard anything yet and I'm starting to get a little weary. Anybody with similar stats still waiting or already have an interview scheduled? Thanks!

Gary Gostnell, MAT, ATC, LAT

Ggostnell@sportherapy.net

When do they typically stop giving interviews? I have one in November but I feel like its so late, I hope they still have a good number of spots to fill...

On their website it says no interviews will be scheduled after December 31st. Maybe this means some interviews may go into January?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am flying into Houston (IAH) tomorrow for my interview Wednesday, and I was wondering if anyone who has previously interviewed or who lives there could give me advice on the cheapest way to get to galveston from the airport. Is the only way to take the $55 shuttle? It just doesn't have that many options for times so I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions? 

Thanks!

Hi everyone :) Application still under review since July (submitted it in June) and still waiting for an invite! Hopefully no news is still good news...

The wait is tough! It seems like everyone else in this forum and others have huge amounts of direct patient contact experience, unlike me :/ My overall GPA is near the previous class's average GPA, while my science GPA is also a shade above a 3.0. Retook classes to get the prereqs so postbac was 4.0. GRE scores higher than their average. I have a BS in biology and MS in medical sciences. Basically, I've been in school this whole time so no job experience! I'm hoping I can at least make the cut for an interview... anyone else similar?? 

Archived