Songs to pump or chill you

I am a BIG AUDIOPHILER, so I was wondering what others songs pump or help you chill to make your day or whether you are having a hard day cramming for a test or a late night/day at the hospital/clinic/office - which ones will you be adding to your pre-shift playlist? I also need my Cowon player to play all of my music.

I like Loverboy "Working for the Weekend" - It's the ultimate top-down, hair-blowing-in-the-wind full blast anthem of all time.

Now, if I just want to 'chill' I do like Pink Floyd, perhaps "Dark Side of the Moon" or Brian Eno "Ambient 1: Music for Airports"

• Administrator

I've been listening to Owl City lately. It's quite upbeat. I have zero tolerance for contemporary radio, but I get copies of anything my kids buy on iTunes, (my account is the "family" account) so I get to try what they like...

But, since I've been accumulating CDs for ~22 years, I have over a month of music on my iTunes by now, so I have a quite eclectic mix of stuff if I want...

Hi Rev I actually have heard of Own City and I do like them quite a bit. As I mentioned I have quite a bit of music ranging from LPs, EPs, Lossless (audio format uses an algorithm to compress audio data so the original sound source is exactly preserved) with a collection with FLACs (a musical file format that offers bit-perfect copies of CDs) and vinyl and of course CDs as well as SACDs (RedBook Layer) Audio Fidelty, etc etc

I wish I knew who some of those artists are! I guess this is a very generational thread!

I got through PA school by studying to new age music and what you now can listen to on Pandora's Danny White or Time-Warner's Soundscapes channels. Anything else and I couldn't concentrate. And, believe me, I NEEDED to concentrate!

To get fired up, it's old school for me:

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2

Walk of Life by Dire Straits

Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac

Here I am by Patty Lovelace

The House that Built Me by Miranda Lambert

Long May You Run by Stills and Young

Wasted on the Way by Crosby, Stills & Nash

Remember When by Alan Jackson

Almost any swamp rock tune from John Fogerty and/or Creedence Clearwater Revival

I listen to "lost coast" or island music when all the patients are gone and I'm charting in my office. Jboog, akoostikz, marley, Oshen, Pati, etc.

Or when its an especially hard day, Earth Wind & Fire, my all time favorite band.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

I've thrown this out before, but as far as "chill" goes, I've been a huge fan of an online radio station called "Radio Paradise" for the past 8 years. It's a mom-and-pop run station out of Paradise, CA that focuses on indie stuff as well as deep cuts from major artists. They're basically elder hippies, so you can guess where they skew musically :)

For "pumped", I think my avatar says it all- METAL- hard, fast and loud.

I made a playlist for clinical year, to be played at maximum volume. I call it my "****ty Day Mix." Songs that make me suck it up and keep swimming. As you'll see, it has something for everyone. The inspiration came from the Florence song.

Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

Basket Case - Green Day

A Little Respect - Erasure

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen

Shake It Out - Florence + the Machine

Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters

Manic Monday - Bangles

Free Fallin' - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

We Will Rock You - Queen

We're Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister

It's My Life - Bon Jovi

More Than a Feeling - Boston

Little Bird - Annie Lennox

Bad Day - Daniel Powter

Man In the Mirror - Michael Jackson

Edit: I started listening to it after I posted this. Have you ever had a song so deeply associated with a moment in your life that every time you hear it you feel like you're back there? I have just learned that this playlist brings me back to last summer, and long drives to and from my first clinical rotation. Awesome!

My tastes vary depending on my mood. Sometimes I will listen to old school rock to pump me up (think Led Zep'ish) and sometimes I will revert to my youth and listen to old hardcore/punk.

My MP3 player has quite the eclectic mix of about 1000 songs. From Elvis to the Misfits. I was doing my morning run the other day and "Beat Me Senseless" from the Circle Jerks came on....haha. Mile 5 flew by.

To chill....Led Zep (again, acoustic stuff), Floyd, modern mellow stuff...again, varies.

If you want to get me angry, make me listen to Adel.:=Z:

You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar, But I Feel Like A Millionaire - Queens of the Stone Age

Uncontrollable Urge - Devo

Bleed For Me - Dead Kennedys

Let There Be Rock - AC/DC

Hot For Teacher - Van Halen

Shake Appeal - The Stooges

Lust For Life - Iggy Pop

Over the Hills And Far Away - Led Zeppelin

You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar, But I Feel Like A Millionaire - Queens of the Stone Age

Lust For Life - Iggy Pop

Lust For Life - Iggy Pop

Archived