Forced to get vaccinated?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jobs are not rights, jobs are a privileged

You can protect yourself by having a legal contract that both parties have to follow but most employee's are considered "at will" which means either party can choose to end the employment "at will"

you can loose you job over just about anything, as long as it is not one of the protected issues - ie age, gender, orientation

Get vaccinated and keep your job....

jobs are not rights, jobs are a privileged

You can protect yourself by having a legal contract that both parties have to follow but most employee's are considered "at will" which means either party can choose to end the employment "at will"

you can loose you job over just about anything, as long as it is not one of the protected issues - ie age, gender, orientation

Get vaccinated and keep your job....

@#$%^& robot, i would quit and not allow anybody to make healthcare choices for me

ask yourself, is this a hill you want to die on?

I respect your position about vaccines but are these principles so strong and important to you that it is worth losing your job?

If so, can you afford being without a job for weeks or months?

Remember, most people transition from job to job to avoid employment gaps/financial hardship.

Can you financially afford your expenses if you are shown the door, thru the time of applying to jobs, attending interviews, negotiations, getting credentialed?

If the benefit of staying true to this belief is worth the risk of the financial impact then you have your answer.

If you can not afford the financial hit, then it may be worth chosing to die on a different hill.

Also depends on states laws, but in NC for example it's a right to work state. You can be terminated for any cause.

This won't be the first time you will have a requirement for vaccination in your career either. Many hospitals require it to be hired. Good luck, but IMHO this is not worth drawing unemployment over.....

To the OP: Are you a PA? Do you have a valid reason to not be vaccinated? Allergic to ingredients in vaccines with history of anaphylaxis? If you have a valid reason to not be vaccinated then you might be able to get a waiver. Wherever you work may require you to wear a mask, gloves, etc. all day long. Have you tried wearing a mask all day long?

• Administrator

And to answer the original question: Yes, but they won't.

They will make appropriate vaccination a condition of employment. You will either get vaccinated, or fail to arrive at work prepared to properly discharge your duties, at which point you can either resign or be terminated for cause--job abandonment, perhaps. There are variations on the theme, of course, but you have a choice to comply if you want to work.

at my current job it's get vaccinated or wear a mask 100% of the time you are in the hospital for all of cold/flu season. caught without mask? you are terminated.

needless to say I get the vaccination every year. after my recent round of vaccinations for travel to Africa I think I am the most vaccinated person I know...I even got the rabies series of 3.

At our facility, you either comply with the medical staff rules regarding infectious and contagious disease, or your privileges are revoked. Everyone is free to get vaccinated, or not, but should not be surprised when terminated, or privileges are revoked for a failure to comply with the rules / conditions of employment.

our personal medical decision making should be left up to administration, we as pas should not be permited control over our own health decisions, we are just pawns for the medical industry

What's the problem with getting vaccinated?

None...

The "Problem" is being compelled to inject substances into your body under duress....!!!!

Another issue is the fact that WE as healthcare providers are suppose to champion "patient autonomy"... but what these places are doing is requireing we adhere to this principle for EVERYONE but ourselves.

Its a SERIOUS ethical quandry.

Contrarian

Btw... I have no problems with innoculation programs and see nothing sinister in vaccinations.

Quit being selfish and get vaccinated. It is no different than wearing being required to wear PPE. You have the option of quitting of course.....

Wow this is the edited version of your post because the original was "overly abrasive"? Someones having a bad day. Obviously you are ignorant of what is actually in these vaccines(specifically the flu vaccine) and the health problems they can cause. Do a little research or perhaps just don't attack someone for asking if they can decide if they wanna shoot chemicals, fillers and small doses of poison into their body.

Wow this is the edited version of your post because the original was "overly abrasive"? Someones having a bad day. Obviously you are ignorant of what is actually in these vaccines(specifically the flu vaccine) and the health problems they can cause. Do a little research or perhaps just don't attack someone for asking if they can decide if they wanna shoot chemicals, fillers and small doses of poison into their body.

Have you had your other vaccinations like hep B?

Guillain-barre syndrome. You are way more likely to die or be disabled from the flu than have that happen. Not to mention the causal link is pretty weak http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19388722

mrs, There is a difference between being honest about an opinion and saying it rudely. I made a decision that my opinion could be stated more effectively without snark, which it originally contained. Not taking the very, very small risk that the flu vaccine represents IS SELFISH as a health provider dealing with patients that may be immunocompromised and in no shape to survive a bout of the flu. This is no different than the other immunization requirements and PPD tests required to work in the health profession. This is not the government forcing you do anything. You have the choice to work where you don't have to take the "risk".

I know what is in the flu vaccine. http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/components-Influenza.htm The "risk" is more than acceptable to protect the people I serve. Coming into a forum of PAs and PA students and chiding us about medical science like we are unlikely to have been through this subject in both classes and continued learning is silly. Vaccines have done more to reduce suffering and disease in this world than just about anything except for possibly antibiotics. There are a large number of options including the flumist, if the injectable forms are a problem for you.

That said, I think oneal is right. Go troll elsewhere.

Archived