What is happening with HCA?

I just started a new job with an HCA hospital group in Florida. During my emr training, I was told "mid levels," as they group me, don't get dictation software. Only physicians. Also, no dedicated work space, which I can work around, honestly. But no dictation? Luckily my surgeon got it for me in the end, but is this the policy at other HCA locations?

I was just gobsmacked. I told them I wouldn't have accepted the position if I knew I had to type every note. Don't they want me to help my SP? What the hell is happening here?!? I'll just go hide in the closet and type one note to my SP's three. Good investment. 

Meanwhile, there's a room in our office full of unused computers, televisions, golf t-shirts -- but mModal, nope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ventana said:

Us midlevels are not valuable.  We don’t really do much.  We really are overpaid and should be happy with what we get.  We should stop complaining and just work more.   

yeah, after all, what should we expect for carrying the doctors instruments around and checking blood pressures and picking up their laundry...😒

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...