Where do you see yourself in 10 years

As of today, in my 30th year as a PA ---- 

In 10 yrs I see myself trying to live abroad in a small country without similar to US politics and hopefully doing some medical work or even bagging groceries and living a simple life.......................

What will really happen --- in 10 yrs I will likely be wrapping up my career, praying I am sane enough to enjoy anything after and have enough funding to keep afloat - and not in jail for beating up a QANON antivaxxer conspiracy theorist.

Yep, it's THAT kind of Monday

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Reality Check 2 said:

Yep, it's THAT kind of Monday

Have a new idea.......

I am in a private clinic

I have young kids (to young to vaccinate)

I am thinking of simply declining to see anyone that has not yet been vaccinated.  No need to expose myself and my family to additional risk........

• Upvote 1

Librarian of Medical Science/Health Sciences Librarian curating Thomas Jefferson's medical collection at the Library of Congress-a pipe dream, but the combo RN, BSN w/ biology and a Master's of PA-C degree might be a useful transition for this...

Maybe...maybe a shift a week in some sort of community health center-i'm doing the best I can to keep the minimum part-time status to cover our bills, and keep my state pension, as I just got vested last  year...

Americans have such a warped view of "work till you die"-the French realize a new life should start at 55yo-

pipe-dreams all around-probably working till Navient is paid off into the afterlife-...

Edited by Brigid2010

On 8/15/2021 at 6:41 PM, Lucy199 said:

10 years from now I see myself living under a bridge hysterically laughing and crying at the same time while the zeta variant wreaks havoc on the rest of my colleagues in the emergency department

For someone with 39 posts I must say there is a lot of insight here LOL!  

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2021 at 9:08 PM, cinntsp said:

I'm expecting that I will have gone to med school, finished residency, and have just finished paying off med school loans.

Good luck! Didn’t know you were going back. Seemed like you always liked where you ended up and the autonomy after residency. Is it money, autonomy, more opportunities that is making you go back