Eastern Virginia Medical School 2021-2022 Cycle

• 3 weeks later...

This will be my second time applying to EVMS. I applied to them back in Feb 2021, just them, was trying out the process of applying. This 2021-22 cycle is my first real effort at applying. I’m applying to other schools but EVMS is my top choice. I learned so much since February and know what I got to do to make myself more competitive to EVMS. I’m from Hampton Roads, so I know EVMS’s rep with the hospitals and alumni around here. 

For all applying, new and reapplicants, know that EVMS is nonrolling. So there is no benefit applying now (or for the rest of 2021 for that matter) to EVMS. Apply in Jan/Feb 2022 when all your prereqs (taken or retaken), quality LORs, as many hours are in and finished. 

I wish all of you good luck, and hopefully we all get into PA school, whether at EVMS or not, and support each other as applicants and hopefully as colleagues.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! I applied last cycle and did not get in. I will be reapplying this cycle! I read that we can email them with specific questions regarding our application after 9/1, has anyone done this yet?
Also in y’all’s opinion, if I got Bs in psych, statistics and chemistry, would it be worth it to retake them? 

thank you! 

On 9/4/2021 at 2:02 PM, Sydneyshea said:

I also took cell bio instead of microbiology and ochem instead of biochem, would it be worth it to take those classes as well? 

It wouldn't matter because those requirements say "Microbiology OR Cell Biology" and "Organic Chemistry OR Biochemistry". Unless you did poorly in those prereqs, I wouldn't necessarily take the other course in the category because the course you did take fulfilled those categories.

In regards to your other prereqs with Bs, I would try and retake as many prereqs as possible and get As in them. EVMS is very competitive, and their prerequisite GPA average is very high (like an A- average). If you have the means to retake some prereq(s), I would.

Edited by ponds
  • Thanks 1

On 9/25/2021 at 6:58 PM, shyanimelover said:

they didnt start sending out interview right 

No I applied from the past application cycle (2020-21) and I posted on the wrong thread. EVMS won't start sending out interview emails and/or PURL updates on interview statuses until June of 2022 for the class that starts in January of 2023. 

On October 6th at 4:00 PM EST, EVMS students will be holding a virtual Pre-PA Q&A forum for PA week. PA-S from didactic and clinical years, as well as our program director, will be there to answer your questions about their journey to becoming a PA.

We will also have a student there who has accepted a Navy HSCP scholarship that can give further insight into that opportunity.

We're excited to lend any advice we can to you, our future colleagues!

https://evms-edu.zoom.us/j/93152320253

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PAinlovingmemoryofMom

Thank you for the opportunity to learn more about your program during the Q&A session! It was super informative. (I am a second-time applicant & non traditional student. I look forward to reapplying this cycle!)

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, ahernandez said:

Hey everyone! Have you guys checked your EVMS portal? Mine looks like this, yet I got an email in 9/9/21 stating I have met all application file requirements and are eligible for review. I'm confused =/

EVMS.jpg

I didnt even know there was a portal. All I got were a bunch of emails that they got my application and I fulfilled the requirements. How do you access this? 

Screenshot_20211217-221011_Email.jpg

Edited by K3life

On 12/17/2021 at 9:46 PM, K3life said:

I didnt even know there was a portal. All I got were a bunch of emails that they got my application and I fulfilled the requirements. How do you access this? 

Screenshot_20211217-221011_Email.jpg

Sorry I’m just now responding. After looking further into it I realized I received an email to make the account back in March 26th which was before CASPA even opened (I was inquiring about a prerequisite and this is what I received). I’ll probably email them this week and see why it says incomplete. CFA6D445-D3CF-41DA-AB25-C85631F36BA3.thumb.png.3c69ce42d0417bd09dcf1d455ca164a7.png

• 2 months later...

Hello all. From what I saw, EVMS extended their deadline to March 15th, 2022 due to some CASPA/internal error. Has anyone received an email from EVMS after they submitted their application stating their application was found to be complete and eligible for review?