2021-2022 Application Cycle

3 hours ago, Andrea95 said:

Wow! Congrats! Another member of the green group!! I knew our group was fire!!🔥🍀☺️ 

3 hours ago, Chubbers27 said:

Yes!!! Wait Andrea I LOVED being in the group with you!!! So supportive and encouraging!!! 🙂 I hope you hear good news too you def deserve it! ❤️ 

Andrea i super hope you get an acceptance call! you were awesome to interact with! and congrats to another member of green group!! 💚💚 we should all connect!

• Like 3

Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted! I have my interview Feb 12 so I'm hoping I still have a chance to start at SMU this Fall. But I'm happy for everyone, this must be a relief! 

I've been prepping for interviews, I'm assuming it's more of a traditional interview since it's two one-on-one interviews as opposed to MMI interview style. Are there any current students that can confirm or deny, lol? Also, thanks for all the info that everyone has posted here, it has been helpful! 

Edited by raylene

15 minutes ago, raylene said:

Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted! I have my interview Feb 12 so I'm hoping I still have a chance to start at SMU this Fall. But I'm happy for everyone, this must be a relief! 

I've been prepping for interviews, I'm assuming it's more of a traditional interview since it's two one-on-one interviews as opposed to MMI interview style. Are there any current students that can confirm or deny, lol? Also, thanks for all the info that everyone has posted here, it has been helpful! 

I had my interview this past weekend and it is definitely a mixture of both! I interviewed with a current SMU faculty member and a current PA who had graduated from SMU. The interview with the faculty member was conversation-like -- the questions were built off of your answers! It felt as if they were really trying to get to know who YOU are. The interview with the alumni PA included basic interview questions + scenario questions. 

Overall, a really great and fun experience! They did well in making the interview day run smooth and very enjoyable! I wish you the best of luck!! 😄

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, YayareaPA said:

Hello everyone,
I got the acceptance call a little around 3:40pm pst from one of the faculty that interviewed me! Go green group, everyone was truly amazing! 💚 

Keep ya head up and keep going! We got this!! 🍀🍃

Big congrats!!

Now the decision...are you leaning towards Touro or SMU? 😅

2 hours ago, PA728 said:

I had my interview this past weekend and it is definitely a mixture of both! I interviewed with a current SMU faculty member and a current PA who had graduated from SMU. The interview with the faculty member was conversation-like -- the questions were built off of your answers! It felt as if they were really trying to get to know who YOU are. The interview with the alumni PA included basic interview questions + scenario questions. 

Overall, a really great and fun experience! They did well in making the interview day run smooth and very enjoyable! I wish you the best of luck!! 😄

Ohh wow thank you for that insight, much appreciated! That does sound like a good experience though, how it was more of a conversation, I think that's interesting. Ok thank you so much for responding 🙂 

On 2/1/2022 at 4:33 PM, KelsW said:

Did anyone get an email stating that they sent out interviews and your application is still under active review until you hear otherwise?

On 2/1/2022 at 4:34 PM, FaithInPA16 said:

Yes but it was worded in such a confusing way haha we’re unlikely to hear from them before 2/12 but that’s the date of the last interview so…? 😅

I got that email two days ago and was also a little confused by it... If the last interview session is 2/12 and we wont be notified of a decision until March, isnt the decision then ultimately a rejection? Trying to find the silver lining haha 

19 minutes ago, arbr0972 said:

I got that email two days ago and was also a little confused by it... If the last interview session is 2/12 and we wont be notified of a decision until March, isnt the decision then ultimately a rejection? Trying to find the silver lining haha 

Glad to know I wasn't the only one confused! It was written in a very confusing way.

On 2/1/2022 at 3:49 PM, PA728 said:

Hey! Were both interviewers familiar with your application (open file) or did you feel the need to reiterate your experiences? And thank you for sharing your experience:) 

Edited by epicchecklist

21 hours ago, epicchecklist said:

Hey! Were both interviewers familiar with your application (open file) or did you feel the need to reiterate your experiences? And thank you for sharing your experience:) 

The faculty member was familiar with my application whereas the second interviewer was not! I hope this helps! 

• Like 1