2021-2022 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2021 at 8:30 PM, vboura said:

… dreams do actually come true?!!?

After YEARS of rejection after rejection, I also just received an interview… and this is my top program choice! Even though I was fully aware we wouldn’t be hearing anything until December, I was still checking this forum every day and just hoping I would be lucky enough to be writing this exact post. I am both literally and figuratively jumping with joy for everyone who received an interview and for everyone else’s dreams to also come true! Cheering for us! I mean it! 

I feel this in my SOUL!! Yay for us, for persisting in the face of painful rejections and keeping that hope alive! 

Would anyone want to meet up in advance of the interviews? Maybe a zoom or something? I'm not the most tech savvy so I'm not sure how to go about getting that set up, but I'd love to connect with you all!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FromATCtoPAC said:

I feel this in my SOUL!! Yay for us, for persisting in the face of painful rejections and keeping that hope alive! 

Would anyone want to meet up in advance of the interviews? Maybe a zoom or something? I'm not the most tech savvy so I'm not sure how to go about getting that set up, but I'd love to connect with you all!

More than happy to connect beforehand! If more people are interested, I can set up a zoom for everyone! Just PM me your email 🤗

• Like 1

Is anyone else confused about the video? In the interview day schedule there is an hour slot for "video uploads" so I assume this is when they want us to submit. But they provided the submission link in the email with our interview schedule, as if we could also do it early? Are we also expected to record the video during that hour long slot too? Not sure what they are looking for, don't want to do anything wrong here!! 

10 hours ago, BayAreaPAWannaBe said:

Is anyone else confused about the video? In the interview day schedule there is an hour slot for "video uploads" so I assume this is when they want us to submit. But they provided the submission link in the email with our interview schedule, as if we could also do it early? Are we also expected to record the video during that hour long slot too? Not sure what they are looking for, don't want to do anything wrong here!! 

My thoughts exactly!! I almost feel that’s it’s better to submit before rather than wait for that hour to record and submit.. but the instructions were vague. I’d love to know if anyone heard otherwise!

7 hours ago, Nlimo said:

I would love to join! I scheduled my interview for the beginning of February.  

Feel free to send me your email here or on a private message! I only heard from a couple other people Interested and I believe they were January interview dates? I can set up a zoom but was waiting to hear if more people would be interested. 

Let me know if there’s a good date/time I should aim to schedule the Zoom for!

On 1/7/2022 at 11:23 AM, BayAreaPAWannaBe said:

Hey there! Current student here- No, you do not record your video beforehand. The instructions given to you are specifically reserved for interview day, so don't worry about it until then! It will be clear at that time what you need to do. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/8/2022 at 1:33 PM, txflm said:

Hey there! Current student here- No, you do not record your video beforehand. The instructions given to you are specifically reserved for interview day, so don't worry about it until then! It will be clear at that time what you need to do. Good luck!

To add, I ended up reaching out in paranoia and I was informed that they are providing advanced time before the interview to upload the video. However, the time blocked in the schedule can still be utilized to record/upload the video. Essentially, it's your choice when to upload! Hope this helps.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

For those interested in a pre-interview casual zoom meet up prior to interview, the time that worked best for those so far has been Saturday, Jan 15th from 9-10 am PST. If you want to join in, send me your e-mail and I can pass along the invite! 

Edited by vboura
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 08262020 said:

So.. is everyone doing the 60 second introduction video beforehand?

I always get nervous about videos and talking about myself 🙃

I submitted mine beforehand! Glad I did because it took me significantly longer to record a 60 second video than I was ever anticipating.. but it will be nice to have another hour on interview day to relax before the second half of the day! 

I hope there is a way to confirm the video was received by the admissions committee though, I didn’t get an e-mail or anything. 

2 hours ago, vboura said:

I submitted mine beforehand! Glad I did because it took me significantly longer to record a 60 second video than I was ever anticipating.. but it will be nice to have another hour on interview day to relax before the second half of the day! 

I hope there is a way to confirm the video was received by the admissions committee though, I didn’t get an e-mail or anything. 

I’m also going to do mine today! I’ll let you know if I get any confirmation! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vboura said:

It reload the page & said “thank you for your submission for the MPA admission interviews!” I would take that as a confirmation. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, CaliPA91 said:

Hey, 

I just received an interview invitation for Saturday (1/22)! I have just a day to prep, and scrambling to get work covered LOL. Regarding the video, were you all sent instructions days/week beforehand?

Thanks! 

Just messaged you! You can submit anytime before interview day, or there is an hour blockduring interview day which you can record and submit as well. I'm sure it will look favorably on the admission committee that you were willing to take an interview with such short notice--best of luck!

2 hours ago, hanibans said:

i had so much fun today at interview day!! it actually went by super fast for me lol. hopefully we'll be sitting in a zoom class lecture together in september!

(go green group!!)

Aaah! My fellow green group-er! Couldn’t agree more—it was an unexpectedly fun interview session! Best of luck to everyone who interviewed today and to everyone who has interview dates coming up!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vboura said:

Aaah! My fellow green group-er! Couldn’t agree more—it was an unexpectedly fun interview session! Best of luck to everyone who interviewed today and to everyone who has interview dates coming up!

So happy to hear it was such a fun experience! Any mention of their last interview date? Just wanted to see if I should hold out hope if I haven’t heard anything yet. Thank you and good luck!!!