2021-2022 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, art333 said:

Anyone else attending the Diversity & Inclusion Breakfast? 

If I'm off, I'll be there!

Edit: Just realized it's before the preview day event that I signed up for. That preview day is still virtual right? Just the breakfast is in person?

Edited by Capricorn
Asking a question

10 minutes ago, nothumerus said:

Hi! Did anyone not receive a type of confirmation e-mail from SMU? I know some schools lag, but last year I got mine in July. 

I applied pretty, late (I think 1-2 weeks before the deadline) and I have yet to receive anything but I believe people who submitted earlier on, such as yourself, did receive a confirmation email. At least according to previous posts in this forum.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, nothumerus said:

Hi! Did anyone not receive a type of confirmation e-mail from SMU? I know some schools lag, but last year I got mine in July. 

I was verified 6/30 and got confirmation email on 8/17 if that timeline helps at all. Maybe reach out if it’s been over a couple months since you were verified

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, csala013 said:

I applied pretty, late (I think 1-2 weeks before the deadline) and I have yet to receive anything but I believe people who submitted earlier on, such as yourself, did receive a confirmation email. At least according to previous posts in this forum.

I applied a week before deadline too this cycle! I'll reach out later, thank you!

2 hours ago, nothumerus said:

I got a confirmation email 1 month after I applied. 

On 9/27/2021 at 4:53 PM, kydolla said:

I was checking last year's thread to see when interview invitations were sent out, looks like it was around the 2nd week of January . . . hopefully it doesn't take that long for this cycle!

Yeah, they definitely run later in the process than most! I applied here in 2019 as well, and I believe interview invites went out in mid to late December that cycle. 

Btw, I still haven't gotten a response back yet on my question of if it would be ok for me to attend the diversity & inclusion breakfast despite not being an underrepresented minority, so out of respect I think I will just skip it. Still plan to try to log on for the PA Fall Preview Day webinar afterwards though. Maybe see some of you there!

1 hour ago, alysd said:

Btw, I still haven't gotten a response back yet on my question of if it would be ok for me to attend the diversity & inclusion breakfast despite not being an underrepresented minority, so out of respect I think I will just skip it. Still plan to try to log on for the PA Fall Preview Day webinar afterwards though. Maybe see some of you there!

Hey!

So I asked the same question to the school last year, and they said anyone can attend. I'm biracial/middle eastern, but I decided to skip it since I wasn't under the list that they mentioned in the email. However, if you feel listening to some of the needs of BIPOC communities and where non-BIPOC can be ally's to help support the communities, then I don't think it could hurt, even to just listen. Just be sure provide most of the space for the intended audience! 

See you Sat! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...