2021-2022 Application Cycle

9 hours ago, PrePA88888 said:

Is anyone having difficulty accessing their letter of intent with the given username and password credentials? Thanks! 

You should have gotten a separate email from "SMU Technology Services" for a username, auto-generated password, and your SMU email address! Check your spam folder because that's where mine went.

5 hours ago, Chubbers27 said:

After submitting the Letter of Intent and deposit, did anyone get a confirmation email saying the letter of intent went through? 

I did get an email the following day that provided confirmation. It included a list of “to do’s” that they are asking to have completed 30 days prior to program start. So I’d give it 24 hours.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Chubbers27 said:

I received the email with the checklist of things we need to do before program starts, but today I also received an email stating that they never received my letter of intent or deposit. Did anyone else also have this problem?

Yes!! I just had a mini panic attack myself when I got that e-mail even though my background check is done and I already have my SMU badge 🤣. I sent her all my confirmations for intent to enroll and that my deposit was paid and she got back to me quickly to say my status was updated. She said her lists were not up to date for some reason. Glad it is fixed now… hope it gets updated for you ASAP too! 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, vboura said:

Yes!! I just had a mini panic attack myself when I got that e-mail even though my background check is done and I already have my SMU badge 🤣. I sent her all my confirmations for intent to enroll and that my deposit was paid and she got back to me quickly to say my status was updated. She said her lists were not up to date for some reason. Glad it is fixed now… hope it gets updated for you ASAP too! 

Glad I wasn't the only one!!! Could definitely relate to that mini panic attack omg. She said she updated mines just now too. Hopefully we didn't miss out on any other emails or notifications because of this mix up!  

37 minutes ago, PAparty said:

Has anyone who submitted the fafsa got their financial aid package yet? If so, how long did it take

I have not ☹️ Apart from the acceptance email blast, I haven't received anything else from the school. I've completed a majority of the things on the checklist as well

Is it radio silence for pretty much everyone right now?

• Like 1

Hi all, I also received an email saying they didn't receive my deposit and my letter of intent and immediately was frightened haha. Luckily, I cleared it up and they were able to update their list.

How's everyone doing with their housing situation? What resources are you guys using to find a place?

On 4/8/2022 at 3:10 PM, mikaelam said:

Just wanted to update y’all, I finally  received an email this morning regarding my financial aid!

Hi! Did you receive a financial aid package, or was it just a statement of the tuition and cost of living? I didn't get anything yet and I'm freaking out at the $$$ haha

10 hours ago, Utnek said:

Hi all, I also received an email saying they didn't receive my deposit and my letter of intent and immediately was frightened haha. Luckily, I cleared it up and they were able to update their list.

How's everyone doing with their housing situation? What resources are you guys using to find a place?

I haven't found housing yet. I've been passively browsing Zillow and joined some Facebook groups, but it seems like most of the rooms/apartments are available next month or ASAP, and not for August/September. It's definitely one of my biggest stressors lol

13 minutes ago, xtina said:

Hi! Did you receive a financial aid package, or was it just a statement of the tuition and cost of living? I didn't get anything yet and I'm freaking out at the $$$ haha

I haven't found housing yet. I've been passively browsing Zillow and joined some Facebook groups, but it seems like most of the rooms/apartments are available next month or ASAP, and not for August/September. It's definitely one of my biggest stressors lol

I also got my financial aid package last Friday. It was an actual financial aid package with loans etc. It did list out tuition, cost of living, among other costs but it gave me the option to accept or decline the offer. 

8 minutes ago, PAparty said:

I also got my financial aid package last Friday. It was an actual financial aid package with loans etc. It did list out tuition, cost of living, among other costs but it gave me the option to accept or decline the offer. 

That’s exactly what mine was as well. I scheduled an appointment for financial aid counseling just to go over everything and make sure I’m good. 

I’ve also looked at housing but it does appear to be too soon. Definitely something I’m keeping my eye on though since everything is so expensive in the Bay.

Hi, everyone. Current 1st year here!👋🏾
It is finals week and we are all currently stressed but we plan to make the Facebook group over the weekend. We also plan to post a roommate excel sheet to help those of you searching for roommates! I will post the link here. And for everyone on the waitlist, hang in there!

Can’t wait to interact with you all soon, after these exams finish kicking my butt of course!

Edited by RoadtoPAschooll
  • Thanks 4

14 hours ago, RoadtoPAschooll said:

Hi, everyone. Current 1st year here!👋🏾
It is finals week and we are all currently stressed but we plan to make the Facebook group over the weekend. We also plan to post a roommate excel sheet to help those of you searching for roommates! I will post the link here. And for everyone on the waitlist, hang in there!

Can’t wait to interact with you all soon, after these exams finish kicking my butt of course!

Awesome, thank you! Good luck with finals!

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 3:26 PM, Andrea95 said:

Got an acceptance email yesterday!! There’s movement on the waitlist. I was #6 🙂 

Congrats on also getting in!!!! I was  ahead of you on the wait list. It’s been radio silence since I replied to my acceptance email though. Did you get any confirmation when and if you responded?? And just to confirm, did you only get one email or was there something else (besides simply responding to the email with an accept or decline) that we needed to do? I just want to make sure I’m not missing anything! 

thank you!!

1 hour ago, OnTheWayToPA2 said:

Congrats on also getting in!!!! I was  ahead of you on the wait list. It’s been radio silence since I replied to my acceptance email though. Did you get any confirmation when and if you responded?? And just to confirm, did you only get one email or was there something else (besides simply responding to the email with an accept or decline) that we needed to do? I just want to make sure I’m not missing anything! 

thank you!!

I’m in the same boat as you. I got 1 email asking me to email back to accept. I emailed back & didn’t get any confirmation or anything. Radio silence over here too..

• Thanks 1