2021-2022 Application Cycle

9 hours ago, acortisol said:

I’m curious if they will continue to send interview invites over the next few days? since they seemed to have sent the email to 200+ people

I was wondering the same thing since I got an interview too & saw the list of ~200 people lol . I doubt it since there is only 44 seats if I'm not mistaken and their website states they interview about 140-160 people a year. Congrats everyone  ❤️🙂

If anyone has insight as to the interview style & what to expect, it would be appreciated 🙂

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mihimo54 said:

I also got an interview invite yesterday! Good luck to everyone that also got one!

Does anyone know the interview style for this program?

I am curious as well. I am trying to research it online, but please share any information if you find anything out and I will do the same!

I've applied to this school a few weeks prior to the deadline. I still have not received a confirmation E-mail from the school. Should I be worried and contact the school? When did you guys received your confirmation E-mail after you submitted your CASPA application?

Edited by MikePA

12 minutes ago, MikePA said:

I've applied to this school a few weeks prior to the deadline. I still have not received a confirmation E-mail from the school. Should I be worried and contact the school? When did you guys received your confirmation E-mail after you submitted your CASPA application?

Maybe email them or check your spam folder. I got confirmation 1 month after submitting. 

Hi everyone! I received an invitation to interview yesterday, however I have declined it as I have accepted a seat in a different program. I wish all of you the best of luck and I hope this opens up a spot for someone else!

I was actually a reapplicant to this program and interviewed with them during the last cycle. It is a long day, but they make it a lot of fun. My advice would be to look over your applications and remember all of the terrific things that make you an outstanding candidate. Stay true to your yourself and let that shine during your interviews. They send out a detailed breakdown of your interview day shortly before your session (a few days prior give or take...from what I can remember). Don't worry! It really is a nice experience. Nothing is done to trick you or make you nervous. They have a wonderful faculty and they pick great cohorts. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, serenanicole98 said:

So do we think there will be more invites going out? The wait is killing me lol 

Hard to tell. Someone in the forum said that around 200 people have already been invited to interview. From just reading that you can assume that those are all the interview invites they might send. However, I don’t know if they send more invites to fill the spots for people who are declining the interview. From looking at the previous years forum (2020-2021) they sent out interview invites in the span of 3-4 days. They might have changed the way they send out interviews and just do it all in one day. This is my first applying to SMU so I’m unfamiliar with their process. I guess we’ll find out in the next couple days!

49 minutes ago, therealochin said:

Can we safely assume that Tuesday was the mass interview invite email blast? Based off the numbers people have thrown out, it sounds like they’re likely not sending out more invites over 3-4 days. With 3 dates and 200 invitations, it sounds about right that each date will have almost 70 interviewees. 😬

Yeah, that’s what it’s looking like. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, hughgugugugugh said:

Did anyone receive a confirmation email with the detailed information regarding the interview after signing up? I signed up for the 1/22 (which is now filled), however, I have not received anything on my end. I don't want to make a duplicate submission for other dates so I wanted to double check with you guys 😕

No, I haven’t received any confirmation. I saw a little pop up saying I was confirmed for that date but no follow up email.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, hughgugugugugh said:

Did anyone receive a confirmation email with the detailed information regarding the interview after signing up? I signed up for the 1/22 (which is now filled), however, I have not received anything on my end. I don't want to make a duplicate submission for other dates so I wanted to double check with you guys 😕

I actually did a paranoid duplicate submission for the same interview date and got a notice that the “name and email has already been submitted for this date” or something like that, so that personally made me feel better! Hope that helps for everyone else who’s worried about not receiving a confirmation email right away too. 

Edited by vboura

On 12/15/2021 at 12:18 PM, MikePA said:

I applied the day of deadline (9/1) and received a confirmation email on 10/13 from Tonette Green.

1 hour ago, Jbrown2929 said:

Anyone know if they are sending out any more invites? Also had any one gotten any rejection letters or do they just leave you hanging?

I feel like they've changed their approach this cycle and aren't sending out invites over a span of 3-4 days like they did/have done in the past. Appears they did a huge e-mail blast on Tuesday 12/14 to 200ish applicants (per two other posts). *sigh* Oh well... onward and upward! 😬 I'm already planning out my new personal statement and considering taking biochem in the spring 😅

Edited by TheSomedayPA