2021-2022 Application Cycle

33 minutes ago, Marg1 said:

Good morning,

I was told on interview day that the email would contain what number you will be on the waitlist and if it is not in the email, to call the office of admissions. Hope this helps 

So they already sent out all the  applicants the acceptance .so next it’s the waitlist? Hs anyone received a denial or waitlist ? 

5 minutes ago, Rita1987 said:

So they already sent out all the  applicants the acceptance .so next it’s the waitlist? Hs anyone received a denial or waitlist ? 

Hey Rita,

I interviewed on 2/12 and have not been emailed, called or rejected. We were told that emails will be sent out of acceptance/ waitlist/ rejection by March 1st and to reach out to the office of admissions if we don’t receive anything by March 16. That was my understanding. Hope this helps. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lrncpa said:

Based on previous years, is it correct that SMU will let us know which spot we are on the waitlist if we do get waitlisted? 

One of my friends is a current SMU PA student who was on the waitlist 2 years (got admitted off the waitlist the 2nd time). She got notified of her # standing, and updated periodically as it shifted. So I imagine that will be the case this year too. 
Good luck!

8 minutes ago, bethepa said:

Right!!! Idk if that’s a good or bad thing😫🥶!!! Do you think they have already filled the class with early acceptances?

What email does the letter come from? 

The email is from the office of admissions at SMU. & it says there’s 63 spots on the WL. So it sounds like they already picked their 44 students & then waitlisted 63. Total 107 ppl

18 minutes ago, lrncpa said:

Also waitlisted! What # on the waitlist are people, and what do we think is a reasonable # on the waitlist to be with the potential to get off the list? If anyone knows from previous cohorts!

One of my friends is a current student at SMU - she was waitlisted at #11 in 2020 and made it up to I think #3 or 4 but never got off the waitlist, but then in 2021 was #13 and made it in! So I think it really varies. But hope that gives you a good point of reference.

Congrats to #1 and 6, I bet you have a very good shot!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alysd said:

One of my friends is a current student at SMU - she was waitlisted at #11 in 2020 and made it up to I think #3 or 4 but never got off the waitlist, but then in 2021 was #13 and made it in! So I think it really varies. But hope that gives you a good point of reference.

Congrats to #1 and 6, I bet you have a very good shot!

That definitely helps, thank you so much! Do you know how close to the start date it was when your friend got in? I am number 15! 😕

1 hour ago, Andrea95 said:

The email is from the office of admissions at SMU. & it says there’s 63 spots on the WL. So it sounds like they already picked their 44 students & then waitlisted 63. Total 107 ppl

Aww bummer😭💔… 

Well CONGRATS on your waitlist position!! I hope you get in🤞🏾!!! And congratulations to everyone else with acceptances/waitlists! 🥳

Edited by bethepa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrea95 said:

Also got an email with my waitlist spot #6! 😬 I’m hoping this is a good spot on the list 🤞🏽

Hi! In the email does your spot have a decimal in it? Mine says "1.0 of 63" but I'm so paranoid that it might mean something weird and I don't want to email them with this bizzare question lol

7 minutes ago, Amb912 said:

Hi! In the email does your spot have a decimal in it? Mine says "1.0 of 63" but I'm so paranoid that it might mean something weird and I don't want to email them with this bizzare question lol

Mine says, “You are currently 15.0 of 63 on the waitlist,” so I assume you’re right that you’re #1! Congrats!