2021-2022 Application Cycle

2 minutes ago, AlyssaJernigan1 said:

For anyone who has received acceptance, have you gotten an email with more information? I got an early acceptance call in late January and haven’t heard from them since. 

Im In the same boat. Got an early acceptance call and haven’t heard anything since. Hoping we get an email sometime this week. 

2 hours ago, AlyssaJernigan1 said:

For anyone who has received acceptance, have you gotten an email with more information? I got an early acceptance call in late January and haven’t heard from them since. 

Same here! Got a call beginning of February but no email yet 

2 hours ago, AlyssaJernigan1 said:

Same here! Got a call beginning of February but no email yet 

49 minutes ago, xtcine said:

Is anyone else having issues accessing the Letter of Intent? Were we supposed to get a separate email with a different user ID and password? 

Hey there, yes, a second email was suppose to be sent in order to access but I can seem to find it anywhere either. I’m guessing they haven’t sent it yet, even though the letter says so. Hoping to clarify first thing tomorrow.

20 minutes ago, AlexandraO said:

Hey there, yes, a second email was suppose to be sent in order to access but I can seem to find it anywhere either. I’m guessing they haven’t sent it yet, even though the letter says so. Hoping to clarify first thing tomorrow.

I didn’t get the second email either. I thought I was going crazy. 😂

1 hour ago, AlexandraO said:

Got the email and I still can’t believe it. So excited to meet everyone!!

I’m also struggling with the Letter of Intent, to quote the email: 

“To accept or decline this offer of admission, submit your Letter of Intent. During that process, you will be directed to SMU Records and Finance (SMURF) to pay your  non-refundable tuition deposit by credit card.

You must use your SMU credentials to access SMURF. Your SMU credentials will be sent to you from "DBA-Samuel Merritt University" as the sender account. Make sure to also check your spam folder to locate this email.”

So I guess we are supposed to wait for an email from DBA, not sure though. Check your spam! I didn’t see anything in mine 😞

Received a denial e-mail after interviewing. Can't deny that I am heartbroken and confused after receiving positive feedback from my interviewers, such as "you are a very impressive applicant" and "we need PAs like you." Perhaps these are well-deserved yet common compliments offered to all candidates given how well-qualified we all are and competitive it is to be offered an interview, let alone an acceptance. Just wanted to share my feelings, especially among those who may feel the same way-- you are not alone 💗

To those accepted and waitlisted, huge congratulations! To those who interviewed but were not offered a spot, congratulations to you all, too, and be proud for making it this far 🙂 Hard work pays off. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, PREPAlyfe said:

Received a denial e-mail after interviewing. Can't deny that I am heartbroken and confused after receiving positive feedback from my interviewers, such as "you are a very impressive applicant" and "we need PAs like you." Perhaps these are well-deserved yet common compliments offered to all candidates given how well-qualified we all are and competitive it is to be offered an interview, let alone an acceptance. Just wanted to share my feelings, especially among those who may feel the same way-- you are not alone 💗

To those accepted and waitlisted, huge congratulations! To those who interviewed but were not offered a spot, congratulations to you all, too, and be proud for making it this far 🙂 Hard work pays off. 

Well said and I agree with you. 
I got a rejection as well from SMU…Grateful that I will be starting at another program. 🙏🏼

Keep your faith and persistence. Your time will come. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, xtcine said:

Just got the other email and paid my deposit! SEE Y'ALL IN THE FALL!

Me too! Excited to meet everyone! 😁

And to those who received rejections, do not give up! I received countless rejections before finally getting accepted. I totally agree with Rita1987, God's plan is always greater, you just have to trust in that. We are all going to make incredible PAs one day! 💛

• Like 3

Well, lovely folks, I got that email last night that we all dread... Congrats to those accepted, I have no doubt that you'll be incredible assets to the SMU community and fantastic PAs!

To my fellow sad bois, I'm there with you, hopefully there is still hope for us to one day join the ranks.

I wish you all the best!!

• Like 5