CUNY York 2020-2021

Quick Question:

I received an interview yesterday but I am concerned because I was not able to complete it Biochemistry during the Summer of 2020 like I planned because it was canceled due to COVID-19, thus I currently do not have that Prerequisite complete. Is there a select date upon which the program requires all prerequisites to be completed? In addition, when would this cycle for the program open. 

7 hours ago, kpPA1603 said:

Quick Question:

I received an interview yesterday but I am concerned because I was not able to complete it Biochemistry during the Summer of 2020 like I planned because it was canceled due to COVID-19, thus I currently do not have that Prerequisite complete. Is there a select date upon which the program requires all prerequisites to be completed? In addition, when would this cycle for the program open. 

Most programs require prerequisites to be complete by the time of matriculation, so you’d have until the upcoming fall to complete it. I recommend portage online, most of my prerequisites were completed through them and considering I landed an interview, I doubt there would be any issue with you taking it through them. It’s self paced so you can finish as quickly as you’d like. This current cycle 2020-2021 opened in April 2020, the upcoming 2021-2022 cycle will open April 2021. 

On 1/1/2021 at 10:28 PM, NLere97 said:

Most programs require prerequisites to be complete by the time of matriculation, so you’d have until the upcoming fall to complete it. I recommend portage online, most of my prerequisites were completed through them and considering I landed an interview, I doubt there would be any issue with you taking it through them. It’s self paced so you can finish as quickly as you’d like. This current cycle 2020-2021 opened in April 2020, the upcoming 2021-2022 cycle will open April 2021. 

I am current a senior at an Undergraduate university and I graduate in May. Will this affect me if they begin in April. I emailed Spain about the Biochemistry and she stated "If you are selected for the program you will until the end of summer 2021 to complete the biochemistry course." I just want to get all the dates straight, because if I am selected for the program I will take the Biochemistry but if not there is no other incentive for me to take it.

21 minutes ago, kpPA1603 said:

I am current a senior at an Undergraduate university and I graduate in May. Will this affect me if they begin in April. I emailed Spain about the Biochemistry and she stated "If you are selected for the program you will until the end of summer 2021 to complete the biochemistry course." I just want to get all the dates straight, because if I am selected for the program I will take the Biochemistry but if not there is no other incentive for me to take it.

Sorry, I think I misunderstood you when you asked about the cycle opening, did you mean when class starts for CUNY York? I believe they start in the fall so August/September of 2021. If they want you to have all prerequisites completed by the end of summer 2021 then I would assume you have until about the end of July which would be a nice timeframe to take biochemistry if you graduate in May! 

2 minutes ago, NLere97 said:

Sorry, I think I misunderstood you when you asked about the cycle opening, did you mean when class starts for CUNY York? I believe they start in the fall so August/September of 2021. If they want you to have all prerequisites completed by the end of summer 2021 then I would assume you have until about the end of July which would be a nice timeframe to take biochemistry if you graduate in May! 

Thank you for clarifying that for me, I really appreciate it!!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, shc723 said:

Hi! Can anyone explain what the interview format is like? thanks!!

I just finished my interview! The format is pretty traditional. There are 2 staff members and they trade off asking questions, which were pretty standard! You log into the zoom meeting and get started right away after brief introductions, do the Q&A, then you have the opportunity to ask some questions as well. When you’re all done you log off! My interview took about 25 minutes, so it goes by really fast. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NLere97 said:

I just finished my interview! The format is pretty traditional. There are 2 staff members and they trade off asking questions, which were pretty standard! You log into the zoom meeting and get started right away after brief introductions, do the Q&A, then you have the opportunity to ask some questions as well. When you’re all done you log off! My interview took about 25 minutes, so it goes by really fast. 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, NLere97 said:

Is there any type of info session offered before/after the interview? Is there a Q&A session with current students?

52 minutes ago, iheartfMRI said:

Is there any type of info session offered before/after the interview? Is there a Q&A session with current students?

Nope, straight into the interview and then nothing once the zoom session ends. One of my interviewers was a graduate from their PA program, so she was very knowledgeable and able to answer any questions I had at the end. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Christenb said:

Received an interview invitation today! Any tips for the interview?

Congrats!! It’s really chill, be prepared to answer some fairly basic/fundamental questions about yourself, your decision to go for PA, and your knowledge on the PA profession/what you’ve done to prepare for the program. My interviewers were so kind and really made it out to feel like a conversation, they genuinely want to get to know you so don’t be afraid to relax and be yourself. Good luck! 

• Thanks 1