CUNY York 2020-2021

On 8/4/2020 at 11:31 PM, mands said:

looks like they sent out interview invites late sept/early oct (based on last year's forum)! it'll be another month and some before we hear:) best of luck to you all. 

How would they be sending out interview invites if they are non-rolling and their deadline is in January? I have also seen on this thread that people have been "moved to the next step". How is this possible if they start reviewing apps in January? Is anyone else confused :')

On 10/27/2020 at 1:51 PM, mvalland said:

How would they be sending out interview invites if they are non-rolling and their deadline is in January? I have also seen on this thread that people have been "moved to the next step". How is this possible if they start reviewing apps in January? Is anyone else confused :')

They are rolling. They accept applications until Jan, and continue to interview until April. This year they are running behind because of COVID19. 

Edited by Fin2PA

On 10/28/2020 at 4:35 PM, PrePA1003 said:

Its been 8 days now.. no verification email.. should I freak out!

Take a breathe. As someone that has gone through a few interviews and has gotten straight up rejections, I can say the PA process is slow and time consuming. For everyone waiting, certainly try to distract yourselves, staring at the email inbox is stressful.

From my experience (others can chime in as well) no news is good news. If you didn’t meet a schools threshold for stats (in my case Albany, Rutgers, and Hofstra) they usually send a rejection email in the first week or so. If you have not heard back, assume you are still in the running until the class is filled.

Of course keep in mind, they are not obligated to tell you that you were rejected, but most if not all schools will.

If anyone has any other questions feel free to ask and if any of the information I said is wrong, feel free to correct me.

On 10/27/2020 at 1:51 PM, mvalland said:

My understanding is deadline schools (non rolling) will look at applications before the deadline. They will not send out interviews until after their deadline however. So, the people getting the “we moved you application to phase xyz” just means they are progressing through the review process because they applied earlier in the cycle. 

In essence, they don’t do first come first serve, they look at all the applications instead of “who sent theirs in the earliest” before sending out interviews.

Edited by TheDwin

On 10/20/2020 at 6:45 PM, 8jewls said:

I also got an email saying I’m moved to second step faculty review. Does anyone know what that means? And since they are not rolling admissions, will we not hear about interviews until January?

From my understanding yes. They will most likely go through applications now, to see who is eligible for interviews, then hand them after the January deadline.

On 7/1/2020 at 4:07 PM, ceejthefuturePA said:

Hi, 

Silly question.  I want to apply to CUNY school of medicine (SOM), located in NYC, NY.  I'm aware that CUNY york college is located in jamaica, NY.  I also saw that CUNY york college requires the GRE while CUNYSOM does not. I saw on CSOM website that their application will open today, due on 1/15/2021.. problem is, I only find CUNY york college on CASPA.  I really want to apply to CSOM , just having a hard time locating their school on caspa to apply. any thoughts on this? 

Thanks! 

Hey man I've been trying to find the thread for CUNYSOM but to no avail. Could you please tell me what it is? Thanks. 

On 10/30/2020 at 1:16 PM, TheDwin said:

Take a breathe. As someone that has gone through a few interviews and has gotten straight up rejections, I can say the PA process is slow and time consuming. For everyone waiting, certainly try to distract yourselves, staring at the email inbox is stressful.

From my experience (others can chime in as well) no news is good news. If you didn’t meet a schools threshold for stats (in my case Albany, Rutgers, and Hofstra) they usually send a rejection email in the first week or so. If you have not heard back, assume you are still in the running until the class is filled.

Of course keep in mind, they are not obligated to tell you that you were rejected, but most if not all schools will.

If anyone has any other questions feel free to ask and if any of the information I said is wrong, feel free to correct me.

I highly appreciate this response. Its been two weeks now, I've yet to receive an verification email. I sent it through CASPA and posted my GRE as well. Should I contact the school?

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, redrocket54 said:

Hey do you guys know if York accepts AP Psych credit in place of one semester of Psychology? I emailed them months ago but never got a response. 

well i believe i took ap psych and put it on my app and they didnt say anything so i dont see why not as long as you got a decent grade in it