CUNY York 2020-2021

37 minutes ago, mimidz said:

I did not get waitlisted and I have not heard back yet 😞 should I send an email?

I think they tend to send emails at odd times, I’ve gotten emails from them as late as 11 PM. Don’t give up hope! If you haven’t heard something by tomorrow morning, for sure shoot them an email 😃. 

On 3/31/2021 at 4:27 PM, NLere97 said:

I think they tend to send emails at odd times, I’ve gotten emails from them as late as 11 PM. Don’t give up hope! If you haven’t heard something by tomorrow morning, for sure shoot them an email 😃. 

I emailed them yesterday afternoon and still haven't heard back. Idk what to think rn, but Im sad

2 hours ago, mimidz said:

I emailed them yesterday afternoon and still haven't heard back. Idk what to think rn, but Im sad

Don't be sad! In this case, no news is good news, you're still in the running. Feel free to message me if you need to chat with someone about this horrible horrible process lol 🙂. 

Hello all, I applied to CUNY’s program a while back and received an email on January 17th stating that the cycle was closed and that applications were being reviewed. I haven’t received any email rejecting my application or stating that I was invited for an interview. I did however receive an email to attend their graduate school week. Has this happened to anyone else? Others in the thread mentioned that we should know our status by March 31st. 

Edited by daesca
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 3:34 PM, daesca said:

Hello all, I applied to CUNY’s program a while back and received an email on January 17th stating that the cycle was closed and that applications were being reviewed. I haven’t received any email rejecting my application or stating that I was invited for an interview. I did however receive an email to attend their graduate school week. Has this happened to anyone else? Others in the thread mentioned that we should know our status by March 31st. 

I got an email yesterday saying that interview offers are being extended to the month of April and that admissions decisions will go out at the end of April. I have not received an interview invite yet either. I did not get an email about graduate school week. 

On 4/11/2021 at 10:06 AM, camin98 said:

I got an email yesterday saying that interview offers are being extended to the month of April and that admissions decisions will go out at the end of April. I have not received an interview invite yet either. I did not get an email about graduate school week. 

Yes, I got that email too!

Hey guys, I touched base with Ms. Spain over the weekend and she informed me that the entire class of 2021 has officially been selected. Those that haven’t heard back yet may expect a waitlist offer or rejection by the end of April. Those already on the waitlist may hear from the program about an acceptance offer/rejection as late as the first day of class. 

On 4/19/2021 at 3:34 PM, NLere97 said:

Hey guys, I touched base with Ms. Spain over the weekend and she informed me that the entire class of 2021 has officially been selected. Those that haven’t heard back yet may expect a waitlist offer or rejection by the end of April. Those already on the waitlist may hear from the program about an acceptance offer/rejection as late as the first day of class. 

Hmm that's a tough wait for me. I was conditionally waitlisted on the basis of getting a 'B' in biochemistry this semester. Fortunately I was already accepted to another program but I'm hopeful for CUNY York College. If after May or the earliest June I'm still waitlisted, I may have to just move on.

13 minutes ago, daalso said:

Hmm that's a tough wait for me. I was conditionally waitlisted on the basis of getting a 'B' in biochemistry this semester. Fortunately I was already accepted to another program but I'm hopeful for CUNY York College. If after May or the earliest June I'm still waitlisted, I may have to just move on.

CUNY York was my only interview this cycle, so I have no other choice but to endure the wait 😂. Congratulations on your acceptance đŸ™ŒđŸœ. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...