CUNY York 2020-2021

On 6/29/2020 at 11:35 AM, Fin2PA said:

Submitted 6/27

Waiting to be verified.

Good luck to all!

Hi, 

Silly question.  I want to apply to CUNY school of medicine (SOM), located in NYC, NY.  I'm aware that CUNY york college is located in jamaica, NY.  I also saw that CUNY york college requires the GRE while CUNYSOM does not. I saw on CSOM website that their application will open today, due on 1/15/2021.. problem is, I only find CUNY york college on CASPA.  I really want to apply to CSOM , just having a hard time locating their school on caspa to apply. any thoughts on this? 

Thanks! 

15 hours ago, ceejthefuturePA said:

Hi, 

Silly question.  I want to apply to CUNY school of medicine (SOM), located in NYC, NY.  I'm aware that CUNY york college is located in jamaica, NY.  I also saw that CUNY york college requires the GRE while CUNYSOM does not. I saw on CSOM website that their application will open today, due on 1/15/2021.. problem is, I only find CUNY york college on CASPA.  I really want to apply to CSOM , just having a hard time locating their school on caspa to apply. any thoughts on this? 

Thanks! 

They haven't opened it yet. They haven't even updated their website.

"

The application for entry in September 2020 will become available through CASPA on July 1st, 2019"

On 7/3/2020 at 6:45 AM, Fin2PA said:

It's open now. Will you be applying to CUNY YORK as well?

Not to CUNY York as I'm only applying to schools that doesnt require the GRE (it's my weakness on my application). I'm having a hard time looking for CUNY school of medicine on CASPA. I can't find it on the search program, any thoughts on this? these schools are different from each other right? 

15 minutes ago, ceejthefuturePA said:

Not to CUNY York as I'm only applying to schools that doesnt require the GRE (it's my weakness on my application). I'm having a hard time looking for CUNY school of medicine on CASPA. I can't find it on the search program, any thoughts on this? these schools are different from each other right? 

It's there. Filter by state and you will find it. 

• 2 weeks later...

They posted this newsletter. It looks like they are in the process of hiring two new professors, and classes will be online starting end of August. So, I'm guessing we may have a delay in hearing back regarding our application. 

https://www.canva.com/design/DAD5kUKBlL0/PwS1Fpgbpq2c7COji10MpA/view?utm_content=DAD5kUKBlL0&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=homepage_design_menu

Edited by Fin2PA

On 7/24/2020 at 11:56 AM, Fin2PA said:

They posted this newsletter. It looks like they are in the process of hiring two new professors, and classes will be online starting end of August. So, I'm guessing we may have a delay in hearing back regarding our application. 

https://www.canva.com/design/DAD5kUKBlL0/PwS1Fpgbpq2c7COji10MpA/view?utm_content=DAD5kUKBlL0&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=homepage_design_menu

Thanks for finding that. Can't wait to get a response.

Guest mands

looks like they sent out interview invites late sept/early oct (based on last year's forum)! it'll be another month and some before we hear:) best of luck to you all. 

• 4 weeks later...