CUNY York 2020-2021

3 minutes ago, NLere97 said:

Hi! It just means that your application is moving along smoothly through the review process and that there are no issues for you to address at this time. Pretty much just an update to let you know they haven't forgotten about you and everything is good so far 🙂 . Good luck! 

Thank you for The further explanation.. highly appreciate it

• Upvote 1

Hi all,

I got a reply from the York College PA admissions coordinator today saying that my HCE letters were not accepted and my application has been placed on hold. Has anyone here faced this issue and if so how did you resolve it? My employer unfortunately has screwed me up by not following the directions as I specified and refusing to write one with the letterhead, numerical hours and description of my responsibilities.

Does someone mind sharing their HCE letters privately so I can see what to change?

Thanks for your help!

Daniel

14 hours ago, Christenb said:

What can i do to get out of the waitlist and get accepted? 

Some programs allow you to send PCE updates, new/updated grades, and GPA changes for consideration! I emailed Ms. Spain to see if CUNY York allows this & whether or not it will influence waitlist position. I’ll update as soon as she replies 😊

Hey everyone! This is for my fellow waitlisted applicants. I emailed Ms. Spain asking (1) If we will be notified of our position on the waitlist and (2) If we are permitted to provide the program with application updates to move up/improve our standing on the waitlist. Her response was: 

As of right now there is no positions on the waiting list. It is just a list until the cycle is closing and we start calling off of the waiting list. 

Making your application stronger will always be a great thing. So I say upload all supportive documents to your application they can only help.” 

I’m not 100% sure if wait listed applicants will be ranked once the interview cycle closes, she wasn’t really clear about the process, but at least we know that we can improve our chances and continue to send program updates. Hope this helps someone out! Good luck 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I’m in the process of getting my app ready for next cycle and it requires a verification letter for shadowing, and I have two questions:

1. Did you all get letters from the people you shadowed on official letterheads of their organizations? Like did the PA/etc. have to use paper with a letterhead from the hospital/clinic at which they work?

2. What about “tasks performed”? I did no tasks, only shadowed. What should they put for that?

4 minutes ago, Mackg730 said:

Did anyone who was waitlisted hear back yet? I know tomorrow is the last day to hear back. 

Nothing yet! I didn’t know tomorrow was the last day to hear back though, where did you hear that? Ms. Spain told me they start calling off of the waitlist after interviews are done & seat offers are rejected. This process is brutal. 

1 hour ago, NLere97 said:

Nothing yet! I didn’t know tomorrow was the last day to hear back though, where did you hear that? Ms. Spain told me they start calling off of the waitlist after interviews are done & seat offers are rejected. This process is brutal. 

I had asked her when we would hear back and she said we would know no later than March 31st. 

12 minutes ago, Mackg730 said:

I had asked her when we would hear back and she said we would know no later than March 31st. 

Hmmm, maybe she meant we would know our official status (accepted, waitlisted, or rejected) by then? Previous cycles people have gotten acceptances off of the waitlist as late as July, but things could definitely be different this cycle because of Covid. Fingers crossed we both hear back soon! 

2 hours ago, NLere97 said:

6 minutes ago, NLere97 said:

Hmmm, maybe she meant we would know our official status (accepted, waitlisted, or rejected) by then? Previous cycles people have gotten acceptances off of the waitlist as late as July, but things could definitely be different this cycle because of Covid. Fingers crossed we both hear back soon! 

Hmmm yea maybe who knows, but that’s all she said to me. I will email her and get more clarification.