UTMB 2020-2021

4 minutes ago, AbrilSantos said:

Just received my rejection email. Super bummed, I really thought my application was very solid.
I got verified on 6/9
GRE scores 154 and 153
I had thousands of hours in Patient care, healthcare, shadowing and research experience.
GPA of 3.49 in a Degree in Medicine from Mexico
PA-CAT Composite 534 - 2nd quintile
4 published papers in indexed journals
4 evaluation letters from MDs.

I guess it had to do with the fact that I'm foreign, which is very sad.
Anyway, good luck everyone and congrats to the ones that got in.

Please do not think that you did not get accepted because you are foreign, that is most definitely not the case.Two of my friends from my Masters program got accepted here and both of them were foreign. Did you interview?

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 3:50 PM, whatsPAppin said:

Please do not think that you did not get accepted because you are foreign, that is most definitely not the case.Two of my friends from my Masters program got accepted here and both of them were foreign. Did you interview?

I got rejected and I have a 3.9/4.0 gpa with 16,000 pce, and other hours for volunteering/shadowing. I’m actually okay with this because I’ve had 8 interviews and 5 acceptances so far. I don’t think it’s because you’re a foreigner. Maybe they had a specific type of applicant they wanted. 

9 hours ago, Obiwankenobi said:

I got rejected and I have a 3.9/4.0 gpa with 16,000 pce, and other hours for volunteering/shadowing. I’m actually okay with this because I’ve had 8 interviews and 5 acceptances so far. I don’t think it’s because you’re a foreigner. Maybe they had a specific type of applicant they wanted. 

Hello there, I think you quoted the wrong person obi wan 😂 but I agree with your statement 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sohnasey said:

Has anyone tried emailing or calling the program to see roughly where they are on the waitlist? I'm thinking about doing it - I know they won't tell exact numbers, but it would be helpful to know if I'm towards the front or back of the line.  

Ya I remember them specifically saying that they won’t release the rankings of the waitlist, but I would also like to know if there has been any movement on it yet. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Y'all!

I am a current UTMB PA student. I just wanted to let you know that they tend to start pulling off the waitlist as soon as christmas break is over. We go back and start our spring semester on 01/04 so I would assume that they will start around then! I know a ton of people in our class that were pulled off the waitlist and some were even called as late as June (1 month from starting). Keep an eye out on your emails and your portal! Keep up the positivity and hope- getting on the waitlist is such an accomplishment!

Edited by Jminugh
  • Like 2