UTMB 2020-2021

Hi guys! I’m a PA-S1 at UTMB and am one of the student ambassadors! You all have been doing great in interviews. I know it’s a whole different game doing zoom interviews and I have to commend you all for going through it. Just a few notes: 

-the thank you cards are being sent out to all interviewees! Keep an eye on your email for decisions regarding your admission. Especially check your junk mail just in case. 
-UTMB has rolling admissions, which means they accept students throughout the year. So just because you haven’t heard back within a week or so, doesn’t mean you can’t still be accepted! UTMB keeps a long waiting list and frequently pulls acceptances from there, especially near the end. 
-just be yourself!! I know interviews can be nerve-wracking, but the faculty just wants to get to know you. Take a deep breath and relax and remember that you were picked to interview for a reason! 

If y’all have any questions about the program, school or Galveston, feel free to reach out! Good luck! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, afontana said:

Hi guys! I’m a PA-S1 at UTMB and am one of the student ambassadors! You all have been doing great in interviews. I know it’s a whole different game doing zoom interviews and I have to commend you all for going through it. Just a few notes: 

-the thank you cards are being sent out to all interviewees! Keep an eye on your email for decisions regarding your admission. Especially check your junk mail just in case. 
-UTMB has rolling admissions, which means they accept students throughout the year. So just because you haven’t heard back within a week or so, doesn’t mean you can’t still be accepted! UTMB keeps a long waiting list and frequently pulls acceptances from there, especially near the end. 
-just be yourself!! I know interviews can be nerve-wracking, but the faculty just wants to get to know you. Take a deep breath and relax and remember that you were picked to interview for a reason! 

If y’all have any questions about the program, school or Galveston, feel free to reach out! Good luck! 

Thanks so much for the info!! Y’all were super helpful during my interview day! Do you happen to know when they finish sending out acceptances/when they send out waiting list offers? Just wondering 🙂 

3 minutes ago, futurepa2023 said:

Thanks so much for the info!! Y’all were super helpful during my interview day! Do you happen to know when they finish sending out acceptances/when they send out waiting list offers? Just wondering 🙂 

Hey! So they can send out acceptances really up until the program starts, so it can be at any time leading up to that point. 

Hey guys! I am also a PA-S1 at UTMB. I just wanted to give yall a little hope and hopefully help you destress a little. Last year, at this time, I had ZERO interview invites and had actually already received two rejections. I received my interview invite from UTMB on October 21, interviewed on November 8, and was accepted the next week. Also, many students in our program were accepted off the waitlist between January-June. So, my point is, do not freak out! I don't know if their timeline with interviews will be exactly the same this year as it was last year, but there's still time! I am also available to answer questions if you guys need anything! 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, apearson said:

Hey guys! I interviewed 10/2, got my acceptance email this Wednesday. I am having such a hard time paying my deposit! I have tried on several different PC computers always using the firefox browser. I always get the message "you are not authorized to access this component." I have tried emailing the program, and have also tried calling the help desk to leave a message. Its been hard for me to try and call anyone else besides the help desk because I work 9-7 and the help desk is only available from 8-5. Did this happen to anyone else? Does anyone have any suggestions? 

I would try using chrome or safari. Otherwise, try to get in contact with Shirley and let her know if you are still having issues. 

1 hour ago, futurepa2023 said:

I’m also wondering about the Casper snapshot! I didn’t know what it was until I saw the forum and checked my email and saw it. Anyone know any more info or if we should complete?

I went to the snapshot site and plugged in the schools I applied for and it says that UTMB/UTHSCSA are "To be announced" 

• Upvote 1

I interviewed in September and I haven't heard anything back yet and I'm starting to get disheartened LOL. Also did anyone send thank you emails to the faculty members that interviewed you?

Me too! Interviewed 9/11 and I’m getting so nervous [emoji28]. I did send thank you emails btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TxFuturePA said:

Has anybody had trouble logging in to MyStar once being accepted or after applying? I apparently didn't save the original emails with my login information once I received an interview invitation. I was told the my student ID was the number after my name in my acceptance email, but I still can't get it to work! Do you think I would contact enrollment services about this?

Hey, I believe you have to use the VPN to access. Pulse Secure will send you a push to connect. If you don't have that set up, the service desk can help you: (409) 772-5200 (Galveston), (281) 554-1577 (Houston), (888) 898-2401 (toll free). Also, my MyStar login is the first part of my email and not a number, so that may be an issue as well. Let me know if you need anything else. 

Edited by Slovetx