UTMB 2020-2021

On 9/16/2020 at 7:08 PM, CaitlynC said:

I also got my acceptance email this afternoon! Congrats to everyone who was accepted and good luck to those still interviewing!! Can’t wait to meet you all soon. 

Submitted application late May and interviewed 9/4

@ashleyhi @AubreyP To anyone else that has been accepted, I started a facebook page! Just search UTMB PA Class of 2023

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TXBee said:

Has anyone else gotten a card from UTMB saying thank you for interviewing? I haven't gotten an email saying I was accepted, waitlisted, or rejected, but should I take this as a good sign or is this just something they usually do after interviews?

20201001_192153.jpg

20201001_192200.jpg

When did you interview? I was accepted and haven’t gotten that, but I may need to check the mail again lol

On 10/2/2020 at 7:58 PM, Jminugh said:

Hey guys!

Current first year PA student at UTMB. The thank you cards were sent to every person that interviewed! So do not worry if you don't receive one yet, they are not an indication of anything just that we were thankful to have y'all!

Ok, thanks for clearing that up! 

• Upvote 1

On 10/4/2020 at 5:29 PM, Padream2023 said:

Hey guys, are there acceptances going out this Thursday or is it only Next Thursday 10/15? Let me know if you have heard anything. Thanks.

I interviewed last friday 10/2  and they said earliest the admissions committee was going to meet and we could hear back would be this thursday so hopefully there will be acceptances going out this thursday!

28 minutes ago, AKthePA said:

for those of you who interviewed already, how was the interview set up ? any tips on the kind of questions?? any information would be helpful! thanks

There is about a 45 minute info session about the program in the beginning and then you will be in a zoom call with a few PA students in the program and have the opportunity to ask any questions you want while you wait your turn to be interviewed. You will be pulled into a breakout room with a faculty member when it is your turn and then go back to the main room afterwards. At the very end they show a virtual tour video. It is traditional style questions and they really just try to get to know you as a person!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, blythegoebel said:

Verified 5/25, application under review late July, but nothing since. No interview or rejection. What gives?

I was verified 07/13 and received an interview on 09/28, it may be their sorting process. I wouldn't take it personally or anything, I am sure they are supppper behind with covid stuff. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vtexaspa said:

I also received my acceptance today!! I interviewed 9/25. This is my top choice school and I cannot believe it finally happened for me. Good luck on the rest of this cycle, I know there are still many spots let for this program. I cant wait to meet some of yall 🙂

Wow congrats! I also interviewed the same day but have not heard anything. I wonder if there is still a chance I may get in

On 10/6/2020 at 8:36 AM, ashleyhi said:

This is fantastic, but for some reason, the FB search isn't finding this page: "UTMB PA Class of 2023". Maybe check the settings to see if it's set to "public" or searchable? 

That's weird! I just checked and it's marked as visible so anyone should be able to find it. If it's still not sending you to the group, search my name (Kirsten Fishbeck) on facebook, message me, and I'll send you a link

On 10/1/2020 at 7:28 PM, TXBee said:

Has anyone else gotten a card from UTMB saying thank you for interviewing? I haven't gotten an email saying I was accepted, waitlisted, or rejected, but should I take this as a good sign or is this just something they usually do after interviews?

20201001_192153.jpg

20201001_192200.jpg

Hi! UTMB student ambassador here 🙂 we’re sending thank you’s to all of our interviewees! Just keep an eye out on your email for decisions regarding your admission.